Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How big can you get a Banshee/YFZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How big can you get a Banshee/YFZ

Originally posted by: Nicname
I have never heard of Trinity motors being anything special... I would check with some of the more specialized builders like A&S, K&K, Dave Moore, White Knuckle or even some of the more independent shops. Once I was told that if a shop has to advertise, their work isn't top notch... Good work sells itself through word of mouth.
Cheetah motors are nothing special huh? OOOO-K Well you go race one then and let us know what happens. I think 248 horses speaks for itself. I've heard nothing but good things about trinity. Everyone has there own opinion though I guess, I just think all the cheetah banshees out there would really differ with you on this one.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Does "Cheetah" make one for the YFZ 450? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

No, but there are several other companies that do make big bore cylinders for YFZs. The Ice Cube cylinder appears to be a good one.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Cheetah motors are nothing special huh? OOOO-K Well you go race one then and let us know what happens. I think 248 horses speaks for itself. I've heard nothing but good things about trinity. Everyone has there own opinion though I guess, I just think all the cheetah banshees out there would really differ with you on this one.
Yes 248 hp is impressive... What does it cost or run on a track? I'm sure there are machines giving up 50-100hp (or more) and $5,000 to that motor that will spank it through the lights.

Also, as far as I know Cheetah's aren't a product of Trinity they are cylinders (along with the Cheetah Cub) that is produced by an outside manufacturer (CP industries) and ported by Trinity, as well as many other builders getting at least similar, if not better, numbers. Trinity has some good products, however for my money, there are many shops getting better results for much less money. Then again it sure is fun to impress a 14 year old on a blaster with your Trinity sticker...

CP Industries also makes the new Sabertooth 500cc cylinder for the Honda 250R's.

If you want to get extreme look at this Banshee. It only made 528hp and 312 ft/lbs at the wheels.
Busashee

Old 10-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Nicname
Yes 248 hp is impressive... What does it cost or run on a track? I'm sure there are machines giving up 50-100hp (or more) and $5,000 to that motor that will spank it through the lights.

Also, as far as I know Cheetah's aren't a product of Trinity they are cylinders (along with the Cheetah Cub) that is produced by an outside manufacturer (CP industries) and ported by Trinity, as well as many other builders getting at least similar, if not better, numbers. Trinity has some good products, however for my money, there are many shops getting better results for much less money. Then again it sure is fun to impress a 14 year old on a blaster with your Trinity sticker...

CP Industries also makes the new Sabertooth 500cc cylinder for the Honda 250R's.

If you want to get extreme look at this Banshee. It only made 528hp and 312 ft/lbs at the wheels.
Busashee
First of all I dont remember anyone asking anyone else what they thought of trinitys products. Maybe some of the things you suggested arent so great to other people. And I never said that trinity manufactured all the parts on that bike now did I. They built it, it is there "finished" product and I myself am more than impressed with the numbers and looks of the bike. Not sure how many other bikes out there that will just "spank it" through the lights. I've seen the hybusa powered banshee already, thanks, there are many quads out there running street bike engines. I would expect the numbers on a turbo busa motor to be pretty tall, wouldn't you? I am well aware that there are many other shops around that produce good numbers for less money, my buddy owns one of them. I haven't seen another tripple cylinder banshee that pushes over 248 horses, if there is one I would love to see it. I'm not saying that trinity is the best in the world, I like there products and thats all that matters to me. The point is, the guy asked a question and I was just tryin to show him a sweet bike. Sorry to offend you with the 248 horse shee or even mentioning trinity on this thread.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
where could i go to find these strokers crank and big bores for a banshee/yfz? what do you guys think the best brand is for these performance parts? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Trinity racing is now building a 912cc nitrous-injected 248 horse power cheetah tripple banshee and it looks like a bad a$$ machine. Check it out on the link below.
http://www.trinityracing.com/pages/projects3.html

Trinity racing is a good place for all your big bore stroker kit needs. I hope you have some pretty deep pockets though, this can get pretty pricey. I would really do my homework here if I were you. Make sure you learn everything you can about this kinda stuff before you go jumping into anything serious. It can get pretty technical and with alot of mods comes alot of dedication and work. Good luck.

Yeah but i've heard a lot of people say that trinity's dyno reads really high...not to say that it wouldn't be fast as hell...but when you are getting into that kinda hp i don't think a couple horse either way is gonna matter

Old 10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

where could i go to find these strokers crank and big bores for a banshee/yfz? what do you guys think the best brand is for these performance parts? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Max Power makes the ice cube cylinders...i know one guy who is up around a 555cc on a yfz. Here's there website Max Power

Old 10-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: superman2880
Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Trinity racing is now building a 912cc nitrous-injected 248 horse power cheetah tripple banshee and it looks like a bad a$$ machine. Check it out on the link below.
http://www.trinityracing.com/pages/projects3.html

Trinity racing is a good place for all your big bore stroker kit needs. I hope you have some pretty deep pockets though, this can get pretty pricey. I would really do my homework here if I were you. Make sure you learn everything you can about this kinda stuff before you go jumping into anything serious. It can get pretty technical and with alot of mods comes alot of dedication and work. Good luck.

Yeah but i've heard a lot of people say that trinity's dyno reads really high...not to say that it wouldn't be fast as hell...but when you are getting into that kinda hp i don't think a couple horse either way is gonna matter
Oh hell..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

new question. Is the YZ450F dirtbike's CDI better than the YFZ450 atv's one? If so, could I swap?