Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Raptor Evaluation so far

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it took me a really long time to even get some extra time to post how last weekend (first weekend) with my Raptor went. Well let me start off by saying that I was really taking it pretty easy on my bike before I start since its in the break in stage. After I started it up and just let it run for 3-5 minutes lightly reving it and letting it cool all the down after each time I got to get out and ride it. I thought my Warrior was a spiffy bike for me in all aspects like speed, suspension, ease of use and all that (hey my only bike before the Warrior was the Wolverine). Geez to think while I was waiting for my Raptor I was actually getting cold feet! =-) Well to prevent any flamers I dont ride MX or race so an MX\race bike comparison means absolutely nothing to me! =-) But all in all I absolutely LOVE this bike. I got my beloved reverse option and in my opinion got a major fun bike too! To be honest I thought some of you were kind of exaggerating about the ease of doing wheelies.....Not by a long shot. The fun factor of this quad is awesome. Although I didnt ride very hard I can definetly say it scoots! Everytime I open my garage door and look at it I fall in love with it all over again......I didnt really experience "tipyness" like some people have accused. But to you novice riders out there that jumped onto the Raptor for the first time please be safe and ride carefully cause in my opinion this bike is like the Banshee (not a beginners quad) The ride is great I love the feel of it. And ofcourse the looks are outstanding. I also didnt experience the "deft clutch work" as mentioned by some. And ill be completely honest im not that great with a clutch either. Anyways the power is smooth and more than enough for me. I love the fact that the power is is great with a quiet exhaust! Although I kinda like the roar of my piped Wolverine sometimes its a LITTLE hard to be stealthy if you know what I mean! =-) I havent experienced any problems yet. I have put a pair of black UFO handguards and Blue shockwears all around besides a hour meter thats all I have put on it so far. What else can I say this quad is great! =-) No complaints, regrets, or second thoughts whatsoever! Im sure my poor Wolverine is feeling a little neglected........But once the weather starts getting nasty he'll be able to get all the carnage it can desire. Just thought Id let you know there's another satisfied and PROUD Raptor owner out there. Have fun everyone! Everyone throw some extra roost for me I got stuck working this weekend! No riding for me! =-(

'01 Raptor- Black UFO handguards, Blue Shockwears

'99 Wolverine- Piped, Jetted, UNI Filter, Black UFO handguards, Skids

Old 10-29-2000, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

I AGREE WITH YOU FULLY...BEFORE OWNING THE RAPTOR I HAD A 99 WARRIOR(FMF EXHAUST..SOLD) AND A 99 BANSHEE..AND THE RAPTOR IN A LOT OF WAYS IS LIKE THE WARRIOR, BUT I ACTUALLY FEEL THE WARRIOR SLIDES ALOT BETTER IN ALL SITUATIONS! BUT BY FAR ITS AN AWESOME QUAD TO RIDE AND OWN, AND ALL THESE PROBLEMS PEOPLE R REPORTING I HAVE NOT HAD ANY!!!!!!!

01 RAPTOR TEAM YAMAHA BLUE
BLUE OUTERWARES
GYT LIGHT GUARDS

EXHAUST AND SKIDS ON THE WAY!

SUCKIN GAS AND HAULIN ***!!!

Old 10-30-2000, 02:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Foxrunner....is your hour meter from Yamaha? If you don't mind...how much green stuff did it take to get it?

Old 10-30-2000, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Garyc660R,

Yes my hour meter is from Yamaha. Although dont confuse it for a hour/tach I just got the hour meter so I could keep track of my maintenance. I beleive it was right around $45 or so. But to me it was worth to know how many hours im putting on my machine. It was REALLY easy to install. All you have to do is run the thin cord from the hour meter to your spark plug wire. The hour meter comes with a velcro attachment if you want to use that. I just stuck mine to the lower left side of my air box and ran the cord over to the plug wire.
Hey when I ride with my neighbors around here (bigger utility bikes) no one seems to like me? They tell me to ease of the damn throttle and let someone else win once and a while..... ;-)
I love my Raptor! =-) And my Wolverine still rocks too! Hey its kind of funny since I got my Raptor my Wolverine has been running better!

'01 Blue Raptor- Black UFO handguards, Blue Shockwears all around

'99 Wolverine- Black UFO handguards, Pipe, Jetting, Skids, UNI filter