Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is EFI way better

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is EFI way better

Originally posted by: HappaRap
For all the times my floats are off kilter climbing hills or bouncing around in the whoops, EFI is a welcome site.
Amen!

As soon as the first year models have been tweaked I will sell the 660R for something with EFI. Yamaha just go the YFZ perfect and it tokk a few years. So I'll revisit the YFZ after a few years in the EFI stage. (I hope they EFI it?) Otheriwise that Suzuki may be an awesome bike to try out.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

Its MFI and it can pump enuff nitro to put a flame out in a 500 cube hemi Raw fuel actualy comes out the exhaust when they sit idling on the line And EFI is is the best thing to happen to quads more power better milage and no jet changes

Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

Call me old fashion, but, I like carbs a lot more. The simplicity of them. I actually find it fun to take them apart and clean them. I know them inside and out. Now if I had EFI and something went wrong with it, I'd have to take it to a stealership and have them fix it for a lot of money. I'm not paying them $65 an hour for something that probably wouldn't be fixed. I'll stick with my carbs. Unless I'm rock crawling or something. Then I'd get the EFI.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with you Trikeman.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

violin.....

Old 11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

I like bass guitars better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

My bad, guess that shows how long it's been since I was into drag racing!! But fuel injection is very easy to work on compared to a carb. And there is no guess work with jetting (and yes fuel maps are a pain too but alot more broad) and once they start putting O2 sensors in the mix it will be evan better. Just like radios, vacum tubes work great and they are easy to trouble shoot, but compared to transistors they are junk! Learn the technology or get left behind!!

Old 11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't realize how nice EFI was till I just picked up a 87 Dodge Dakotah. It has a carb and man does it suck starting it and it doesn't run real smooth. It needs adjusted I'm sure. I also recently picked up a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak and am mad as I didn't relize they were comming out with EFI units. They all should have EFI in my opionion. Sure if you can work on carbs I'm sure its fun but if you don't have time or don't want to mess with that kind of stuff EFI is a godsend. Well hopefully I can sell and upgrade to a EFI unit when it comes out in a year or two. CARBS are so OLD SCHOOL. Surprised they have hung around this long. I'm sure its the cost but if they move everything to EFI it will drive down cost. My vote is EFI is WAY BETTER [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

EFI really is the way to go. It won't be long until most everything will be EFI. Who remembers points and condensensors.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

Yeah they had the points and condensers, now they have cdi's. I guess its the samething thats happening here. Out with the old, in with the new. My vote still goes to carbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]