ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Here Banshee Banshee Banshee (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/22195-here-banshee-banshee-banshee.html)

blaster13 10-31-2000 05:25 PM

It's getting old people. Why doesn't everyone stop bashing each other and go bother Gore. He is the real threat to us. Go ride, and if you see a greenie on the trail............Hit them. We are all riders. We should act like friends, not enemies. Seriously, some people get so PO'ed when someone else says something. If someone bashes your quad, have fun with it. Don't get all angry and start challenging people to a drag when they live across the country. Considering that drag racing means nothing in the real world. The majority of riding is in the woods. But, who cares anyway. If you see a person on another brand, go ask them to ride. When I had my Blaster, guys on Banshees, 400ex's, LT250r's, and pretty much everything out there asked me to ride. They didn't care about my quad. They just wanted to ride. So, point is,...........Go Ride.

1QuickEX 10-31-2000 07:07 PM

I don't know why you people can't get it through your thick skulls that a 400EX can be made to go fast! Maybe some of the 400EX's are slow, i don't know, but what i do know is that my modded 400EX can beat piped Banshees in a drag race. And i also wouldn't be too scared to race a Raptor either. Now i'm not talking about some Banshee with everything done to it, just a set of pipes, KaN filter, and maybe some reeds. This is fact, not fiction.

azruffryder99 10-31-2000 07:41 PM

Yea right thats why the last time I was in Glamis I beat a 440ex up comp hill by 3-4 bike lengths?? I talked to the guy so I know what he had. My Banshee has FMF Pipes, single carb, and coolhead stock domes. Probly be worse on pavement. There is no way a modded 400ex will beat a piped Banshee, and that my friend is the truth.

SandmanBlue 10-31-2000 07:53 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

That was good. For a minute, I thought you were serious..... Got me good, you did....

Man, I almost got sucked into a conversation with someone that (I thought) REALLY BELIEVED they had a 400ex that was faster than a 45 hp (that's a Banshee w/pipes number) quad.

Oh, wait. Maybe you ARE serious? No way! AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Still pretending to be serious? Go check out GT Thunder's website www.geocities.com/~gtthunder/ . And I quote "It's a shame that you have to spend mega bucks on the Honda". This was referring to a "heavily modified" 400ex that only put out 43 hp on their dyno. You will obviously learn a little bit about how much (little) power the 400ex motor is capable of...

BTW - Facts are things that can be proven over and over again... like dyno runs. Fiction refers to things that are make believe... like your drag racing story.

400exsrule 10-31-2000 08:06 PM

Im getting pretty tired of hearing how much better banshees are than everything else. Im not going to tell you that 400exs, or raptors, or the 650 are better than banshees either though. The truth is, if all you want is speed, your better off with a banshee and pipes. But if you want to ride trails, a 400 is a better quad for the job. and If you want dunes, the choice should be a ds650. A good overall quad is a raptor, cause it can do all of it.

What I am getting the most sick of is banshee vs 400ex. How many of you have ever been to a quad race. If you have you would have realized that the only quads there are 400exs. The reason 4 strokes are alot better are because of the way they work through a gear. with a banshee, you are constanly shifting between all of your gears, you have to, its the way a two stroke works, but with a 4 stroke, you can stay in 2nd or third gear basically the whole race.

BUT......
Not all of racing fourwheelers is just the quad, alot of it is the rider. you could put the worst rider on a raptor, and the best on a yamaha badger, and the badger would smoke the guy on the raptor. so maybe the guys saying they smoke a 400ex, were really racing someone who sucks, who wants to race me?

Derek who has a 2000 400ex with:

440 big bore kit
oversized cams
fmf mega maxx II pipe
k & n filtercharger and pre charger
csr + 4" extended rear axel
pro taper handle bars
fmf clutch purge and clutch piece
anti roll steering stem
and soon to be 22" realitor rear tires

4Tecate 10-31-2000 09:02 PM

Hey if you want a fourstroke that might beat a Banshee buy a Raptor. But, don't expect to beat a moderatly modded Banshee. I all that matters is you like what you ride. Two Strokes rule, Four Strokes drool (in darg racing anyway).

4Tecate 10-31-2000 09:03 PM

Hey if you want a fourstroke that might beat a Banshee buy a Raptor. But, don't expect to beat a moderatly modded Banshee. I all that matters is you like what you ride. Two Strokes rule, Four Strokes drool (in drag racing anyway).

1QuickEX 10-31-2000 09:09 PM

Bullsh-t

1QuickEX 10-31-2000 09:25 PM

hey guys, i love 2-strokes too. When i bought my 400EX, it was either that or a Banshee. Now, i love the Banshees motor, but the rest of the quad is a piece of crap. I love everything on my 400EX except the motor. I wish i could put the Banshee motor in my 400EX frame. that would easily be the best of both worlds. Why would i want to buy another piece of crap 4-stroke atv with 260cc more displacement that isn't any faster than the one that i already have? the big bad Raptor does about 75mph, ohh boy. When i change my countershaft sprocket up to a 16 tooth, i have been clocked at around 80 mph. This is not by far, stock. Fact*** i have beat piped Banshees from start to finish, but i still love the feel of that 2-stroke

4Tecate 11-01-2000 06:06 PM

But how much money did you have to spend in engine mods to beat a piped Banshee. And by the way I do like four strokes but each has there purpose. If you want the handling of the 400EX and the power of a Banshee, buy a 250R and put a Pilot 400 cylinder on it and that will be a great handling Banshee beater.