Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Compairable...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compairable...?

I had an earlier post today in the Buying Quad section about my future purchase of a quad. Now I am wondering.... I use to own an 01 Banshee but sold due to income reasons.

Out of these quads, are any of them compairable to the Banshee in pure speed, arm jerking power?
700R
YFZ450
TRX450R (Honda)

I "might" get a Banshee again, but with these new quads out I have been checking them out a lot more lately.

Thanks for any info and helping me decide my purchase. If you have not rode a shee you don't know the power [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Compairable...?

Yes, all of those are comparible in my opinion. The new 4 strokes are very powerful, and fast. They might not end up winning the totally modded out race......but they keep in there. These quads are just as fun to ride, and are just as fast for the most part too!!! The suspension is way nicer too in my opinion. They seem to be less of a hassle.....not having to jet much at all.....and almost always running good.....

Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Compairable...?

I just love to fast trail ride pretty much, screaming fast. We use to go up to my friends granmas in Oklahoma where some nice wide open fire roads were. I would get that banshee up into 5th and 6th on those trails, loved it.

I'm just hoping the yfz450 or the 700r have that kind of powerband. Im leaning more towards the 700 due to it has reverse.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Compairable...?

Those two quads won't have the powerband like the shee. The four strokes have massive torque down low and usually pull hard right to when you shift. When you hit the throttle those two will just start pulling you won't have to wait for the powerband to kick in.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Compairable...?

I had a Banshee before my 700, and still have a 99 YZ250. Id say all 3 of these are about equal in acceleration. Id say the Banshee has the highest top speed with that 6th gear, as both my 700 and 250 are 5 speeds and wound out. I plan on getting a taller front sprocket to split the difference.

I havent ridden the other bikes you mentioned.

The 700 wheelies alot more than the Banshee.