Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

Okay, what he is trying to say is that it doesnt give really any top speed, it gets you there a lot quicker though.Who cares who goes the biggest number, what really matters is who gets there faster.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

Full systems aren't worth the money on the warrior/rappy350. They were designed good from the factory, and flow as good as any of the aftermarket headers. The only aftermarket header that has a real noticable gain is the fmf powerbomb, which adds a little more power on top. On the newer 4 strokes like z400s and rappy660's full systems are worth the money, but the stock headers are tiny on those.
Recon99...I will kinda agree with you there if the warrior/rappy is stock.... But if you have a higher compression pistion..cam..valves..and so on... You will need a after market header pipe..

Old 12-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
Full systems aren't worth the money on the warrior/rappy350. They were designed good from the factory, and flow as good as any of the aftermarket headers. The only aftermarket header that has a real noticable gain is the fmf powerbomb, which adds a little more power on top. On the newer 4 strokes like z400s and rappy660's full systems are worth the money, but the stock headers are tiny on those.
Recon99...I will kinda agree with you there if the warrior/rappy is stock.... But if you have a higher compression pistion..cam..valves..and so on... You will need a after market header pipe..
Yea, only if you have a modded motor should you get a full system for the rap/war. Just go ahead and get a slip-on, im sure you will like it.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

http://www.geocities.com/fstblasterboy/video.html copy and past that. srry the link button isnt working for some reason on my computer. But the bottom 2 vids are a 99 warrior with a slip on HMF

Old 12-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

Oh and even with a slip on... It would not be a bad ideal to go up one size on the pilot jet and one size one the main jet...Its always better to be a little fat on the fuel than a little lean.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default exhaust

Actually four stroke tech and i think powroll recommend using the stock header with a slip on exhaust with modified motors.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

I'd rather have an aftermarket headpipe because the stock ones always rust out and look like $h!t.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default exhaust

I took mine down to bare metal and hit it with some high temp silver paint and it looks fine. He's looking for an exhuast for $220 or less, and the only full system in that price range is dg's junk. He's better off with a slipon.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default exhaust

I took mine down to bare metal and hit it with some high temp silver paint and it looks fine. He's looking for an exhuast for $220 or less, and the only full system in that price range is dg's junk. He's better off with a slipon.
Your right being the motor is stock.. He will be alright with a slip-on....Even DGs (junk) is way better than a stock exhaust... They just have alot better flow...

FamerJohn...No matter what pipe you get if you have the money you sould get a K&N or UNI air filter to go with.....

Old 12-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default exhaust

Yeah the filter upgrade would be worth it. And if you get another filter make sure you have it seated in the airbox good before you put the lid on, with yamaha's stupid design it's easy to misalign the filter and let dirt get sucked into the motor. Sometimes when you buy slip-on exhausts they come with an upgraded filter. Both my hmf and my brother's WB e-series came with a uni filter.

Quick Reply: exhaust