Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KTM Sport quad????

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KTM Sport quad????

KTM's quality has already been going down acording to the artical i read,,,,they welcomed Polaris with open arms,because the money that Polaris brings to the table,and the US market ability that Polaris brings will breed new life to an otherwise failing company that had otherwise inevitable doom facing them in the not so distant future

say what you will,i think it was a good move for the both of them

Old 01-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

ive owned several Polaris's,and for the most part liked all of them,they have to be the smoothest riding quads out there,,,however i have zero regrets making the move to Yamaha,and will stay with the Grizz for as long as they continue to make them

the griz has more instant power,and is way more sportier the the Sportsmans,,,,if it were not for the Grizzly,id probbably be riding a Sportsman 700 EFI,or the 800

my biggest complaint with the Sportsmans was the CV's were weak,and for some reason belts would wear pretty fast

in fact in the spring im getting a Scrammy 500HO for a second bike

Old 01-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
I have found a few sites saying there is going to be a KTM race quad coming out sometime soon..But i cant seem to find a Pic of one....Is KTM really coming out with a Sport quad??
go to google images and type in "ktm quad" and it will bring up a picture of it!!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

im not sure what brand it will be,but in Europe they have a concept quad designed to be a street quad,,it looks wild

the only thing is,its going to be electric,capable of speeds up to 90,,,,4 electric motors ,one for each wheel,,,the thing looks awsome,when you see it the first thing you think of is the futuristic vehicals in the movies when you were a kid

Old 01-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider

I had a KTM 520 EXC in my garage for like 6 months (i got to take care of it while its owner was recovering from surgery), and it was the fastest thing I've ever ridden. That 520/525 engine is amazing. The quality of their dirt bikes is excellent imo. They usually win most of the offroad shootouts (not necessarily mx shootouts). I would love to see a KTM quad, especially with the 525 engine!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

yea.. i can't fidn the pics tho.. it was ugly IMO
I found a pic of it... And your right it is ugly.... Looks kinda like a artic cat..

Old 01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Keep in mind that KTM makes the baddest & fastest dirtbikes. They have high quality parts like Excel rims on them. Also hydralic clutches are standard. Lets not forget with the 525sx which has a 4 speed tranny can be altered with additional 5th & 6th gear. Additionally at one point they made three versions of the 525...I think. Sweet!!!!!. If they make a quad with all this...it will be an all new ballgame....Do your thing KTM.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

It kinda looks like a Predator to me.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Boosh71
I had a KTM 520 EXC in my garage for like 6 months (i got to take care of it while its owner was recovering from surgery), and it was the fastest thing I've ever ridden. That 520/525 engine is amazing. The quality of their dirt bikes is excellent imo. They usually win most of the offroad shootouts (not necessarily mx shootouts). I would love to see a KTM quad, especially with the 525 engine!

.........I too would love to see a ktm quad, as there dirt bikes are scary fast!! They make a great motor, unfortunately they are putting it in a polaris frame and setup. Not trying to **** people off that have preds, but they arnt exactly the hottest thing out there. They have some really goofy frame designs and really goofy lookin quads! Put the ktm motor in a yamaha yfz or honda trx setup, and you may have something to talk about. I dont think this future quad will be anything to write home about though. In my opinion, ktm is hurting there name more by doing this. Thats just MY opinion though!

Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JTY2K
Keep in mind that KTM makes the baddest & fastest dirtbikes. They have high quality parts like Excel rims on them. Also hydralic clutches are standard. Lets not forget with the 525sx which has a 4 speed tranny can be altered with additional 5th & 6th gear. Additionally at one point they made three versions of the 525...I think. Sweet!!!!!. If they make a quad with all this...it will be an all new ballgame....Do your thing KTM.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
KTM made three different versions of the 525 dirt bike last year. The 525 SX was a motocross bike, and had a different cam, ignition timing, 4 speed transmission, and suspension settings. The 525 MXC was a desert racer and had a close ratio six speed transmission and came with the big 3.5 gallon desert tank. The 525 EXC was a woods racer and had a wide ratio six speed transmission and lights. Both the MXC and EXC also had electric start, whereas the SX was kickstart only. All three bikes are wicked fast, with the SX having a top speed of about 75, the MXC having a top speed of 95 mph, and the EXC having a top speed of (no fooling) 110 mph. Name a Japanese dirt bike you can by that has a stock top speed of 110 mph [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KTM Sport quad????