Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tusk Brand parts (clutch)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tusk Brand parts (clutch)

My Warrior is in need of a new clutch and I have found the Tusk brand to be about 1/2 that of EBC. Is the Tusk brand any good?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

stay FAR FAR FAR away from Tusk clutches. Most of tusk's products are decent quality, but the clutches are the worst ever to be put on the market. They slip from day one, and you'd be lucky if it lasted 15 hours before you were replacing it again. Just go with the EBC, so far mine's been great.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Range Rover

The clutch is only as good as the springs,I have ran the tusk steels and fibers with heavy duty barnett springs for over a year in my banshee and haven't had one problem yet.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

clutches are clutches.. you're getting the same thing weather you spent $300 or $30... aslong as you are using HD springs... i know people that use the tusk clutch in 80+ HP banshees and one that has had it in his for years

Old 02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to strongly disagree. I know 2 people locally that have tried tusk clutches, both ordered the set with the heavy springs, and neither of the clutches lasted a full year. One was in a 440ex and the other was in a mojave. There is a HUGE difference between the cheap tusk clutches and quality kits like DP. I NEVER heard any positive things about tusk clutches before. All clutches are NOT the same, you get what you pay for.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I am up around 60hp and have no problems with slippage,even when drag racing.I have no idea why it slipped in your warrior maybe its all the hp you have LOL.Oh by the way don't buy the the tusk kit with the hd springs,they are just EBC springs and they are not much better if any than stockers.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

My current clutch is fine if i granny shift it, but soon as I power shift 1st through 4th or even ease into 5th or 6th gear, the motor seems to rev into the power band and the quad does'nt seem to run as fast as the motor. Note: the motor is fresh, CDI and stator new.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

that's what my warrior did. It started out only slipping at the top of the higher gears, and got to the point that it would slip whenever I got on the throttle hard.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

I wish this post woulda been started about 3 hours earlier I ordered a tusk kit for my blaster about 3 hours before I read this and now I am a little worried about it however I did order it throught rockymountainatv.com so a reputable co. like that will surely stand behind what they sell. I had heard a few good things about them and it was only like 40 dollars with air shipping, so what the he||. It can't be any worse than it is now (not pulling at all) I hope it all works out for me I will post and let you guys know how it works, does anyone know of a good co that sells clutch levers for easy pulls? my blaster is a little stiff I think it may be because I put washers on my clutch springs to make a temp. fix so I could ride..... It worked its just make the clutch hard to pull.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

Im using the tusk clutch kit with no problems in my banshee. Going on 2 years now. Did you soak the clutch plates in oil before you installed them?

Quick Reply: Tusk Brand parts (clutch)