ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Watch out for DEER! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/231243-watch-out-deer.html)

4wheelerfred 02-18-2006 06:58 PM

Watch out for DEER!

Originally posted by: GarrinChilders
Me and my buddy we riding the other night on a very nice trail we stumbled upon, whe i guess we spooked some deer and the ran across the road one actually tried to knock my buddy of his raptor, the deer was so close to him there were actually marks in the rear plastics from where the furry little fellers hoofs skidding the mud on his bike, thats too close to for comfort, just be careful and pay attention. it would probably kill you if you were broadsided by a 135lb deer and about 45-50mph. be safe out there guys.
watch ouyt ofr the ones that go mooooooooo also!

Speedy2222 02-18-2006 07:04 PM

Watch out for DEER!

here's a scary story for ya... to this day i am scared sh!tless when i ride next to crops...

anyways...

One summer evening at about 5-6PM i was out at my grandpa's in the back by a pond and some fields.. i saw my dad pull into the driveway and decided to take one more lap around the pond.. well on one side there's a nice long straight away and corn to the left.. i decided.. eehh lets try this.. i took off.. after about 3rd gear i noticed the corn was moving IN FRONT of me.. i look over more and there's a dog type animal running NEXT to me.. after that i FLEW up to the barn and go the hell out of there.... i was so scared...

thedieselkid 02-19-2006 10:58 PM

Watch out for DEER!

My buddy hit one when he was topped out on his yfz he had several broken ribs, broken arm, dislocated shoulder, and a concusion. He left in an ambulance. His insurance company also totaled out his bike.

trialsrider172 02-20-2006 01:20 AM

Watch out for DEER!

a hit a bird once with my old honda........sorry i just wanted to fit in

2c3 02-20-2006 07:58 AM

Watch out for DEER!

this one time at band camp. my wheeler got eaten buy a bear

trialsrider172 02-20-2006 10:30 AM

Watch out for DEER!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA i like that, that was funny.

fizzak 02-20-2006 09:16 PM

Watch out for DEER!

Funny

RIDER11X 02-23-2006 09:41 AM

Watch out for DEER!

I was running back to the truck for gas for a buddy of mine. I went up a main trail got the can and was heading back when I THOUGHT I saw 3 large garbage bags on the trail that were not there a few minutes ago. Getting closer I see it was a Female Blackbear and two cubs. Know how protective they are, I shut down my quad and sat and watched from about 60 yards away. They were gone in about a minute.

Had the same experiance with turkey as described earlier. Turkey walking up to my quad pecking at the front tire! No fear at all. People say you can't take a quad hunting and see game....Bull! Animals are so used to quads and associating them with not being a threat that I believe if they smell a quad sitting in the woods, it's a sign that all it ok and there is no threat. My archery cover scent should be gasoline or oil maybe???? LOL!

YamahaRider8998 02-23-2006 03:21 PM

Watch out for DEER!

when i was riding i stopped for a second and it was dark out and when i got on the quad there was a coyote like 3 feet away from the front

trialsrider172 02-24-2006 02:35 PM

Watch out for DEER!

one time i was riding by myself to my neighbors and there was a mangy looking fox just walking along in front of me like i wasnt even there. i stopped and revved my bike up and it didnt even aknowledge me, so being 12years old at the time i thought it was rabbid and turned my bike around faster then i ever had and rode home faster then i ever had