Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Watch out for DEER!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch out for DEER!

Me and my buddy we riding the other night on a very nice trail we stumbled upon, whe i guess we spooked some deer and the ran across the road one actually tried to knock my buddy of his raptor, the deer was so close to him there were actually marks in the rear plastics from where the furry little fellers hoofs skidding the mud on his bike, thats too close to for comfort, just be careful and pay attention. it would probably kill you if you were broadsided by a 135lb deer and about 45-50mph. be safe out there guys.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

wow thats crazy, i would be scarred for life. all i have to say is wow, im gonna be a little more careful now

Old 02-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i've hit 2 deer...

Old 02-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Been there Not no fun.....i did one time hit a squirrel with my front tire...(Running no front fenders)...I got blood and little peaces of fuzzey squirrel all over me......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
Been there Not no fun.....i did one time hit a squirrel with my front tire...(Running no front fenders)...I got blood and little peaces of fuzzey squirrel all over me......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Ewwww....

Old 02-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

conterpunch....I got one that even tops that one.....A buddy of mine and i were riding down the RD....Well my buddie had is girlfriend on the back with him......Well he runs over a Snake...The back tires fling the snake up and around her neck...And it is still alive...She was whoopin his A$$ all the way until he got shut down...LOL it was good..

Old 02-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

came real close a couple times myself not on the trails,running the roads at night

i'll tell you something else that is weird,,,,i'll go Turkey hunting,all camo'd up,out there before they leave the roost in the morning,wont see a single Turkey,,,,,but get 5 of us on our bikes raising hell,and we constantly run up on 20 or 30 Turkeys at a time,just happened last weekend

Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

I have hit just about everything. Deer, a goat, possoms, squirrles, rabbits, a turky, turtles, a rattlesnake. But the deer i hit on mommy's rancher at like 50mph, at night. But the only thing that happened was i had a bent brush gaurd, which pushed my rack back a little. Thats it. I didn't even wreak. I didn't get hurt or nothing. I consider myself lucky. The worst part was going home and telling mom and pop's to go outside with me. They almost didn't believe me until they saw the hair all over the plastic.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

i was running next to these train trax on my way home and saw a group of 3 fawns around the corner. they were running in front of me for a full minute till they went off into a trail, i acutally had to slow down to 4th gear so i wouldnt run them over.
then about a week ago me n a friend were gettin a fire goin, and all the sudden this deer jus skided to a stop like 10 feet from us then turned around and took off, 5 min later we were goin up this trail and a huge doe out of nowhere jus cuts right in front of me off the trail. theres been alot of other close calls like these but that day was jus wierd b/w the deer n old people not being able to drive(jus one of those days i guess)

Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

yea ive had those days where your better off going home and parking it because everything is out to get ya,man,machine,and nature,lol

Quick Reply: Watch out for DEER!