Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee beats Raptors on MTV-SMF

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 03:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On an MX track with comparable riders. Not much else to say.

Old 11-11-2000, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

BANSHEE THE KING OF MX

Old 11-11-2000, 03:14 PM
Range Rover

I knew it! I knew it! After watching that load of garbage for a tv program I knew that someone would have taken it seriously and claimed that a Banshee beats all Raptors! Give me a break!!! Half of those clowns didn't have a clue what they were doing. How about the two riding on one quad? That's safe! I guess since they did beat that one girl I guess that means quads are faster with two people riding than they are with only one rider.
Get Real!!!1

Old 11-11-2000, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

Racer X hahahahaha. I had the same thing in mind. Ya first of all only like 2 people actually have ridden at least once before. O man i thought the same as you racer x. and the banshee theking of MX?? That just goes to show why no one races banshee's in mx or very few of them do. You wait to see some raptors out on the mx course all done up and its gonna be sweet!! Actaully Hare Scrambles would be the race for the raptors but u never know. If i went out there i bet ya i could have easily beat the guy on that banshee so that makes no difference. Its all the rider when racing!!

Old 11-11-2000, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer

I missed it.Will it be on again tonight?
Jeff

Old 11-11-2000, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's not the quad!!

It's all about the rider!!

And thats the bottom line.

Old 11-12-2000, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

So your saying that if you put a very good rider on something like a 90 and someone with some but not much skills on a raptor that the person on the 90 will more likely win cause he has more skills?

It's not just the rider. The machine that he's on is also plays a big role! well im outa here. later.

Old 11-12-2000, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

I watched that SMF thing last night and i had all i could do not to fall out of my seat laughing. the riders except for the guuy that won didnt know what they were doing. The guy that one if you all were listening to the interveiws races motocross bike. i think thats a little of an advantage against the others who were mx bikers and skate boarders. Plus i think the track they had on there was a joke also. my practice track is easily twice as diffficult as that. this was just some kind of joke that mtv played on us. didnt you see how hard it was for jeremy mcgrath not to laugh during this whole ordeal? hehe. oh well atleast i got to see another raptor in action besides my own. see yah. i am gonne go play in the snow.

01' 660R

Old 11-12-2000, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Well here is my input. I own a yamaha so im not just saying this to make someone mad. I went to a race today at a local track and i hate to say it but there were 3 honda 250r's that blew everybody away. They are in my opinion still the king of mx quads. As a matter of fact there were 3 guys there who were riding banshees they pull up in this big rig pull there stuff out they looked really good but then they got one the track and they stank the place up. A good rider can make any quad fast plain and simple!

Old 11-13-2000, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

How much of this did you watch ? Yes the banshee won. yet did you listen to the clips before the race? Only one rider had experiance and was on the banshee it looked like it was his machine.

Riders do make a differnce if not the with a little extra power anyone of us could beat a pro i dont see that happening

I think you need to learn to collect all the facts before you make your report

Quick Reply: Banshee beats Raptors on MTV-SMF