Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how can i upgrade the performance of my banshee without spending a ton of cash

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can i upgrade the performance of my banshee without spending a ton of cash

i just bought a 2001 banshee how can i modify the performance it has fmf pipes onit already but thats it its mostly used for dunes and light trail riding/racing. i race on local tracks but not competitavily just want to make my bike performe better without spending a ton of cash any suggestions will be great thanks

Old 02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default how can i upgrade the performance of my banshee without spending a ton of cash

what do you consider "a ton of cash"? $1000? $2000?

Old 02-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

im looking to spend around 1000 to 1500 on it can i build a pretty good quad for that im not really sure how much or what kinda of parts are needed for performance im just geting started with two strokes im not quite sure whats available other than pipes reeds and maby sprockets im not sure any sugestions or websites that can help would be greatful

Old 02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

i would start with the suspension.the stock suspension on a banshee sucks! you can get a nice set up for $1500.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

I would start with a period, maybe a comma, hell I'd even throw in a capital letter or two. But that's just me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Sin
Weekend Warrior

Suspension will only make your bike faster if you are a track racer....in the dunes the stock banshee suspension is just fine. I would focus on the motor. you already said you have pipes, what kind of intake setup are you using? The stock airbox on the banshee is extremely restrictive. If you have the stock air box U could start by making a bunch of smal holes all around it to let more air in or you can buy the UNI kit for the airbox wich comes with little filter inserts to put in all the holes you make, or you could do away with the airbox completely and run a single or dual K&N setup. the K&N setup will only run you around 60 to 70 bucks. Also I would replace the stock reed valves with V-force or Boysen valves. If you replace your reeds you will have to re-jet your carbs. Reed kits usually run about 200 bucks and that includes a new reed spacer. If you are familliar with machine/lathing work you could also remove your flywheel and lighten it. Not sure the actual weight you would want to take off but this will let your bike rev up alot quicker. Also you can advance the timing by filing the mount holes for the timing plate, mill your stock head for more compression and lets not forget port and polish your intake, exhaust and transfer ports. But I wouldnt do any machine work till you had specs. Anyways, you do all that and you could bump your stock banshee motor up to about 70hp....which is a freakin rocketship...