Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior blow by

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior blow by

Heyy.. My warrior smokes a lot.. I opened up the air box and there was a lot of motor oil in it.. I took of the hose that connects the crankcase or w.e it is to the airbox and it no more oil.. i haven't really looked at it since then but my uncle said it could be blow by meaning that the oil is going right by the o rings or something, Why else could my warrior be smoking?? What can i do to stop it?? thanksss

Old 02-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default warrior blow by

how much oil did u put in your case the last time u changed the oil?

Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default warrior blow by

have you rolled it over or tipped it onto it's side recently? That would allow oil to run though the breather tube into the airbox. Other than that though, if it's smoking a lot it's probably time for a rebuild anyways. It's always best to rebuild when you start noticing smoke while you're riding, not waiting until you get bigger problems.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default warrior blow by

what is happeneing.. is that oil is getting forced through the breather hose and int othe air box.. through the fitler and it is getting sucked in with the air

Old 02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default warrior blow by

I don't know how oil could get forced though the breather unless he put in an extra 3 quarts of oil though. Does it still smoke with the breather tube removed from the snorkel tube, and a clean air filter? If it still smokes it needs a rebuild NOW.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior blow by

i always put a little extra oil in because it burns a lot of oil. My uncle said it is sucking the oil through the hose. I am in a bad spot, How do i rebuild a motor?? i have no money and my dad is weird and wont want me to send it to someone. What do i do?? what can i do without sending it away that is a quick and easy job?.. pshh i need help

Old 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default warrior blow by

I think your best bet would be to get a rebuild kit off ebay. It's like $200 or something close to that, and it comes with a bored/honed cylinder and a new matched piston & rings, and all the gaskets you will need. You just need to send your old cylinder back for a core charge. You should be able to do it yourself with a good set of tools, a service manual, and some patience.

The best part of this: If it's smoking bad it's also losing compression, and therefore power. With the rebuild you'll notice a good power increase, just from restoring lost compression.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default warrior blow by

rebuilding warrior engine is easy. i have an 02 warrior i just rebuilt for the seventh time. the only thing you need to be carefull about is taking the cam sprocket bolt off don't drop washer then you need to pull stator cover and get fly wheel puller not cheap. it's the only way to get whasher back.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior blow by

how long should it take for my uncle and i ( my uncle is pretty good but has never had a warrior) to do it for the first time??

Old 02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior blow by

the first time it took about hour an half. now it take half hour. it's very simple really the hardest part to do the whole thing was taking the engine out of the frame the first time it comes out the left side (side with gear shift.) after you take the 4 motor mount bolts out and the 4 bolts that hold top motor mounts to the frame lift up on the front of engine until it rotates out of bottom mount hole ( the back will fall down pass mount holes then it comes right out. if you have any question or any problems let me know. i've rebuilt mine so much it's like clock works.

Quick Reply: warrior blow by