Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee vs. raptor 700 & yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree more specifics to the question must be answered. I have been looking at all 3 for my next ATV, and this is my thinking;

The SHEE is wicked. Cheapest out of the bunch to find on the market, it easily can be modded to whip the others. I was really leaning towards getting one just for these facts until I rode my buddies. Don't know all the details on his, but it is modded a bit. I have rode a hand full of Raptors, and the SHEE felt awful to drive comparatively speaking. It was rough, and handled poor. With practice, one could become a good rider, but it was not for me. I thought I wanted something faster than the rest till I rode my buddies banshee. It was stupid fast. The power that little quad had, and the rediculous power band was way more than I personally would want. Faster than the others? Yes. But not worth how it rides and drives in my opinion.

The YZF 450. Again, faster than the Raptor, and had a much more comfortable ride than the Banshee, but the maintenance to just change the oil that often and the expense was more than I wanted. I suppose if that didn't bother you, or you don't care about changing the oil when you should, then this might be the way to go, but again, it wasn't for me.

The Raptor 700 is my choice as of now. Slowest of the 3, it is still very comfortable and fun to ride, and requires the least up keep and maintenance, and when it comes down to it, its still a fast quad.

This was my thinking on the 3. Depending on what you like and want will determine the right one for you.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CALL911
I agree more specifics to the question must be answered. I have been looking at all 3 for my next ATV, and this is my thinking;

The SHEE is wicked. Cheapest out of the bunch to find on the market, it easily can be modded to whip the others. I was really leaning towards getting one just for these facts until I rode my buddies. Don't know all the details on his, but it is modded a bit. I have rode a hand full of Raptors, and the SHEE felt awful to drive comparatively speaking. It was rough, and handled poor. With practice, one could become a good rider, but it was not for me. I thought I wanted something faster than the rest till I rode my buddies banshee. It was stupid fast. The power that little quad had, and the rediculous power band was way more than I personally would want. Faster than the others? Yes. But not worth how it rides and drives in my opinion.

The YZF 450. Again, faster than the Raptor, and had a much more comfortable ride than the Banshee, but the maintenance to just change the oil that often and the expense was more than I wanted. I suppose if that didn't bother you, or you don't care about changing the oil when you should, then this might be the way to go, but again, it wasn't for me.

The Raptor 700 is my choice as of now. Slowest of the 3, it is still very comfortable and fun to ride, and requires the least up keep and maintenance, and when it comes down to it, its still a fast quad.

This was my thinking on the 3. Depending on what you like and want will determine the right one for you.
True for the most part although a raptor isnt really slower then a yfz specially when you start to mod, a 3 mod raptor is pretty badass. They can be made faster then a yfz a little easier.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
True for the most part although a raptor isnt really slower then a yfz specially when you start to mod, a 3 mod raptor is pretty badass. They can be made faster then a yfz a little easier.
A 3 mod YFZ is just as fast actually faster then a 3 mod raptor, but unless racing in class I don't think there too far apart, the only thing that sucks about my YFZ's is the high up keep, but to me it's worth it, iv always hated banshees all my life until I just recently bought my friends highly modded banshee, but I still favor my YFZ over the banshee and the raptor... But I'm about to get the can am renegade 1000 XXC, my friend has one and no other comes close

Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

Ps, just my opinion and experiences

Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Idno at least thats how it used to be, maybe by now the newer yfzs are doing better with just a 3 mod, either way a 700 raptor is going to dominate when against a yfz once you start doing more then a 3 mod. They react alot better to mods and their torque is insane compared to anything. The fastest 4 strokes your going to see at the sand drags and **** are definitely 700 raptors.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

My YFZ's are 2006's, one of the better years for YFZ, I don't think either YFZ or raptor is too far apart when both have the same work done to them, but in my belief I think a YFZ still has the edge in everything, weather it be trails, mx, or sand drag tho any modded banshee will win in a drag if long enough to hit 6th gear.
And as for another 4stroke that will dominate all, renegade 1000 XXC will **** on all 3
Iv seent it lol
That's why I'm about to buy one >_<
But I'm no expert and can only go off of what I know and what iv seen, it also all depends on who you are and how you ride of course, so it's hard to say what's better then what. Iv had all 3 and for me the YFZ is the best choice, that's why iv sold my raptor and have 2 YFZ's and now a banshee as well, but thinking about sellin one to make room for my new renegade 1000 xxc

Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

More of the same. I think the YZF and the Raptor are very close mod for mod, and stock to stock. But I've seen the YZF beat the Raptor (even if most cases it barely won) most of the time.

For me, upkeep on that scale isn't worth the small speed advantage it holds over the Raptor. But just like my buddy loves his banshee for the power, I would prefer the Raptor for the simple upkeep, and comfort to ride.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CALL911
More of the same. I think the YZF and the Raptor are very close mod for mod, and stock to stock. But I've seen the YZF beat the Raptor (even if most cases it barely won) most of the time.

For me, upkeep on that scale isn't worth the small speed advantage it holds over the Raptor. But just like my buddy loves his banshee for the power, I would prefer the Raptor for the simple upkeep, and comfort to ride.
Tuchè

Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

Again, just for the record, a modded Banshee will slaughter a modded Raptor or YZF.

I would like to see a modded Banshee like my buddies go up against a stock Renegade 1000.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Yea that would be interesting i dont think you would need anything more then like a 421 cub or cheetah banshee to smoke one honestly. Then once you get into the worlds of 18+ DMs or even schmitars, caracals, cougars, triple cylinder or even 4 cylinder banshees engines **** starts to get unreal lol. A banshee triple alone can be 1300+ cc and around 300hp to the wheels. No nitrous or turbo, i really have a hard time seeing anything touching the banshees capability.

Quick Reply: Banshee vs. raptor 700 & yfz 450