Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

umm i really don't know what to put the title as just read this please

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default umm i really don't know what to put the title as just read this please

My friend has a 2004 Bruin 350 and he said that he heard his parents talking that they had turned something down or adjusted something to make his four wheeler slower do you know anything that it could be so he could turn it back up without telling his parents if you can think of anything this could be please tell me because I have no idea what he is talking about thanks for anything

Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Most yamahas have a screw that limits the travel of the throttle lever. It's usually sticking out of the throttle housing towards the front of the quad. If you loosen the jam nut and back the screw out it'll allow the throttle to open more. I'm not 100% sure yamaha used this system on the bruin, but if you look at this picture of my warrior's throttle housing, you can see the head of a screw sticking out towards the brake lever. That's the screw that does the throttle limiting

throttle housing

Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

well his parents turned it down for a reason....Dont mess with it...Thats all we need is a other kids getting hurt on a atv..and making are sport look bad..

Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

yeah the only thing i can think of is the throttle screw on the throtttle housing. but man if i was u i would stay out of it. because lets say ur buddy gets caught readjusting it and he said u tought him how to do it, then his parents are gonna be mad at you. secondly lets say if he readjusts it, and his parents catch him and they sell his bruin. i dont want to see anyone out of a quad due to not obeying his parents. im sure there is a reason why his parents are doing this. probably due to him riding stupid. <u>NO OFFENSE</u>

Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

well recon hit it right on the nail. The casing is right above the trottle and its a screw with a nut on it. Turn that out and it will go faster because it lets the trottle go father out. But I agree Driver and King. Is his parents turned it down do screw with it because he might not be ready for the speed.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

yes i agree to a point with the lot of you , but in the defence of the bruin's owner and friend (thunder53) if you have ridden the bruin you know the power is bad as is not to mention if you have bigger tires. thunder try to stay out of it best you can but have your buddy exsplain to his parents that by slowing his bike down they have now cost him power . something that is greatly needed to make up hills and through mud. how would his parents feel if he couldn't make it up the hill because of them playing with the scew, if he looses power going up a steep hill and can't make it up , the bike may roll over down the hill making the bike worthless and maybe you friend can get out of the way, or maybe.... well lets not go there. if your friends parents are playing with the screw to turn down the speed maybe your boy is moveing too fast infront of the parents, tell him to slow it down it's a utility bike you know .

Jr.

tune down your speed and tune up the mud!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well thanks for all the info I don't know if he is going to mess with it or not he was just wondering cause he over heard his parents talking about it

Old 03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm I have a bruin. I bought it brand new..is mine turned down at all? I dont want to adjust it too much and cause damage. But do you think I can turn it up and get more power out of it?

Old 03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You can't do any damage by backing it out too far, the screw is just a bump-stop to limit the throttle lever travel. If you back it out too far the screw will just fall out like any other screw or bolt. I took mine out all the way, then threaded it in about 2 mm, then tightened the lock nut. I don't think it would be set to limit the throttle from the factory, but it's possible.