Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What's Better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Better?

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what's better between a YFZ450 and 450R for both trail riding and racing(mainly drags).

Old 03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What's Better?

Honestly I think the yamaha is the quicker bike
Just going by all the races I`ve seen

Old 03-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default What's Better?

Forget the honda and yamaha, go with the new wave of the ltr450! Oh yeah. Well i am a certified pro at this right here. I have some experiance with both. See the 450r is more like a z400 with a yfz motor. And you know what the yfz handles and rides like zech. So go with the honda. More reliable. And imo thats just what you need. Cuz you alwayz rode um hard and put them up wet.Lol. I would say the yfz is just a tad faster, cuz when i raced that one justin mollahan was ryding, my z outran him. Even on top end, but thats cuz of the plus 1 countershaft sprocket. Why do you want a quad without reverse? Dude i've know you for a long time, and me and you have gotten into some very tight spots. And boy did that reverse come in handy. Well me and u need to go ryding some time. Peace zech.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default What's Better?

Zech i have to admit patrick is right about the reverse that is something you definately need considering how much you are on those rough A** haul roads. What you need is a raptor 700 its just as fast as the 450s BUT it has reverse. Just my 2 cents. Jamie Mace

Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default What's Better?

Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace
Zech i have to admit patrick is right about the reverse that is something you definately need considering how much you are on those rough A** haul roads. What you need is a raptor 700 its just as fast as the 450s BUT it has reverse. Just my 2 cents. Jamie Mace
not to mention EFI... no jetting to screw with. But for your question. YFZ better trail bike, TRX... a slightly taller top speed(like ONE, maybe two mph). The LTR450... great for holeshots, nasty fast off the line, but w/ 18's on the back it should be(not a great set up for top speed if you're into that sort of thing but torquey as all hell)... and I think it looks kinda stupid imo. But c'mon... with 18's on the back of my 350 I'd whoop a YFZ450 off the line too.