Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help with experience.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with experience.

Hey there guys. I have a question that hopefully some of the more experienced guys can fill me in on. This is my first ATV, and as i am very handy with motors and machine work, i ran into something. I popped my chain the other day while racing my friend and the damn thing wrapped up around the front sprocket a few times. At first i thought the case-saver did it's job... but is was half ***! The case is in ok condition, however the top mounting point snapped right off. Not the mounting point on the case saver itself, but the mounting point on the case. Any ideas of where i should go from here? What have you done about this before? any and all help is appreciated. TIA... WOT

Old 04-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same problem here. If you still have the piece that's great, if not it'll be more difficult. If you're able to weld aluminum, just weld it back together. If not, find a local shop that can weld the piece back on or fab up a new tab. Make sure you give it the proper clearance or the new case saver will rub the sprocket. Get a new case saver (the old one is probably all bent up) and use that as a template, just make sure it's rotated the right distance around the bottom bolt to get the top one where it used to be.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i appreciate the help.

i was kinda hoping that it wasn't needed, but welding it up shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Thanks again.