Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

04 raptor question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 raptor question

I have a friend that is offering to sell me an 04 raptor 660 for $3,000. It is in very good shape, has a pipe and full skid plate. I know it is a good deal. But the question i have is this; i was born with only 4 figures on the right hand. So every atv i have owned i have just moved the gas to the left hand side. This has never been a problem, because they have always been auto clutch. I have looked, and i cant find anyone who offers an auto clutch for the raptor, does anyone know of any? And if not, do you think it would be possible to have the clutch and gas on the same ride of the bar?
Thanks Dan

Old 05-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think I ever heard of/saw an auto clutch for a raptor.

What about a twist throttle? I don't know if it would work good or not, but if you never tried this it might be something to consider.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

Yea the twist throttle is definately a good idea, I have one on my raptor. This might be a problem depending on which finger you are missing though as you will need the thumb to contol the throttle.(trying not to be insensitive to you) Let me know how it works out. Best of luck!!

Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

Well, my right hand is like 8-10 inches shorter also for some reason, so i dont think the twist throttle would help much

Today i went to test drove it, we just over the gas over to the left hand side along with the clutch. It seemed to work fine, it will take a little getting used to, but i think i can make it work. I just cant pass up this offer. Its in very good shape, has not been rode much at all, it has just been rolled once, which is why it needs a new throttle cable and new handle bars, but other than that it is in very good shape. It has a white bros pipe, k and n filter, and has a full aftermarket skid plate.

The other question is i will be selling my bruin. What do you think would be a good asking price? Its a 2004, 350 4x4, blue, it has 25 inch mud lights all around that are less than a year old, and a Ramsey winch. In thinking about 3,500. Does this sound about right?

Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the auto-clutch goes – there is a company called Rekluse who makes an auto-style clutch for the Honda 450R. Though you still retain the clutch lever and cable, and have the option of using the clutch, the Rekluse clutch plates and basket are specifically designed to prevent the machine from stalling if you let off the gas completely and don't pull in the clutch. They are also making this for the Yamaha YFZ450, and could be designing it for the Raptor as we type. You might want to look into them and give them a call.

As far as running the gas and the clutch on the same side for a Raptor, I think you may encounter increased fatigue in your left arm. It is extremely difficult to feather the clutch and throttle at the same time for some people, let alone with the same hand! Good luck and ride safe.