Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how should I get in better shape for motocross?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how should I get in better shape for motocross?

Okay I was like so tired on the lasts laps yesterday at the track. It is clearly made for db's. I came in 2nd and 3rd by the way. But I am going to eat a little healthier I cant really improve that since I have a good diet, with no candy and junk like that. But running and push up and crap, but how much. U got ideas? Thanks for the help.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

warning: consult your doctor before reading:

when doug gust had a website, he had his workout on there. the site got taken down due to someone not wanting to maintain it. how stupid. top guy cant pay someone to maintain his site? what the...

anyway you need stamina. keep on running a few miles a day and pushups are good if you have no workout euipment. if you can do 80 pushups in 2min or less you are fit according to the airbourne rangers. its harder than it sounds. but for motocross you need lots of cardio stuff and some strenght training. get to a gym if you can. but you DONT need to get bulky for motocross. stay lean.

eat right, drink alot of water. eat extra carb stuf before working out and practicing (the right kind) - it helps you last longer. when i used to go to the gym allot they sold us carb boost things and we'd drink them and work out. after working out, we get the protein drink. your body needs good protein once you workout and it is in mucsle tear down, repair stages. eggs are good was well - the whites are the most economical protein you can buy. after i workout, i eat about 6 or so egg whites. NOT THE YOKES! fat and cholestrol are there. the whites are fat/cholesterol free. you can also get egg protien powder. try to get the all natural kind. it may taste nasty but its pure. i used to drink myolplex which is good but its gets $$$$ and i have a thing against artificial sweeteners. i dont trust them.

how aold are you? b/c most doctors say no to protein before 18 so see your doctor first!

Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

I am 14. myolplex and stuff I aint going with, I am just going to run, and workout, and stuff, eat healthy. But yeah. One proablem is that I am a big boy. At close to 140 pounds, and a big frame, I aint a small boy. I am built tho, and can bench around 130 pounds, with my current workout. I think I need to drop a couble pounds. But yeah, like how much should I run, and what should I eat at teh races????? Thanx tho.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 AM
Range Rover

so your a big guy well heres the deal do like I do run every day start with a mile or two then after 1 week of that step it up to 7 miles a day plus lots of lower and uper leg work outs and then i work out my wrist up to my arms, keeps me hanging on. theres a couple of things guy complain about one there cluthc hand gets tired up in the arms your forarm muscle right allso i hear guys complain about leg and back pain got to strenghten those muscle and yes cardio is the key to any race or trials or timed ride i blast a sweat after every ride i dont consider it a good right unless im soaking in sweat after wards .

Old 05-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Cool as of right now I am running a mile a day. Yes I am a big boy.I will step up the running though. I am going to work out my arms a bit more though. And trust me 30 min. around the trails by are house, or my one moto and I am drenched. LOL Same with running a fre min. in and I am sweating. Yeah I am hoping to go down to around 135 pounds tho. LOL Thanks guys. Any more ideas??????????????