Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700r roll call!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700r roll call!!!

sounds good? so it jumps easy? and are the shocks nice? for landings i dont wnat to feel like im goign to flip over the front bars. also if i were to go up on a side wall, that was like 10 feet tall in like a bowl it wouldnt be to heavy would it? i doubt it, but i like to ride side walls alot like in dirt quary bowls. if you know what im talking about. ha thanks.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine in September.

This is the best jumper ive had. This is coming off a 99 YZ 250 and a 93 Banshee with longtravel before that. The front shocks bottom out fairly easy for aggressive riding. They work ok for all around riding.

I ride 90% dunes, and 10% desert, so I cant comment on trail riding.

Its very stable. It slides very easy.

In stock form it wheelies very easy but is controllable. Put paddles on it and take it to the dunes is another story.

AS far as the plastic front bumper....do you normally run into other quads, or hit bushes????? I would have left my factory one on for the fact that its light weight......A Duncan Racing bumper I recieved for my birthday changed my mind though.

In your eyes 450 hornet, what makes a DS nice, much less nicer than a 700?

Old 05-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

i love mine wouldnt have it any other way ... yeah it may not be THE fastest but its fast.... handles good for a bike this size land smooth.... its all around a pretty good bike.. oh about your question in the mud they do ok... they do a lot better witha set of razors or holeshots.... but thats jus my 2 cents

Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Range Rover

thanks i appreciate everyones comments. but ha no i dont hit quads but lets just say im a very aggressive rider and while my friends sit behind i make the trail. (we have tons of land up north) so i would like a real front bumper. also what were you saying about the dunes. and you seem a bit iffy on the susspension...

Old 05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

In your eyes 450 hornet, what makes a DS nice, much less nicer than a 700?

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want a DS...I just think that it has a soft ride and good shocks, nice seat etc. I wouldn't want one...but there ride is very nice

Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

the ds is a couch on wheels :-) i wouldnt trade mine for anything. but raptors are IMO the second nicest for comfort

Old 05-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

I just got back from an unplanned alter place for my Memorial day weekend dune riding, Corral pink Sand dunes in southern Utah. I had origanally thought I was going to Sand Mountain, Little Sahara Dunes , but some in our party had to give itup for work requirements and it was only 1 hr+ drive from my home. Been there since Thursaday. I outfitted my stock powered 700R with 4 inch offset front mohaks from Skat and 2 1/2 inch rear extenders form the Skat 8 paddle haulers on the rear. Much wider and very stable. I weigh 210 and am 6'2". I hit the weight limit for the bike. This is important. Even as big as I am, I kept with my grandsons, one 10 years old riding a racing YFZ450 widened piped ported and on high octane but used to be runnig on alcohol. Another grandson riding an 06 Honda 450 HFC equiped . The three of us chased and kept up with (albeit those lighter kids were ahead of their grandpa just from all the death defying experience they have) Seve Abott who should up with a girl friend out for a Sunday dune ride in one sweet candy apple red dune buggy he built. My lands, Corral Pink is one gr you jumps great place to ride and test out any kind of machine. I can tell you, my Raptor handled jumps as if I never left the ground. There are plenty of sandy trails to race around, and this machine commands them. Hill climbing is no problem, as long as the right gear and the R's are up. This is a very tourquey machine. I intend to pipe it ,and will get a differnt ECU to control power band more effeciently for the hills. It seems to hesitate just asecond too long before getting to the power curve from the hole shot. I don't like that. That hesitation did give me some grief a couple of times, but then again, I'm a 55 year old novice. This ATV in the right hands can do very well competitivly, and for me , it just flat hauls may fat ars just fine. Keeping up with my grandkids this weekend and with Steve Aboot of ATV Racing was what made my weekend. And I have Yamaha to thank.

In other words, you will never be disappointed with the new Raptor 700R. Fuel injected with reverse and onlly 40 lbs more than any 450s. Some where I have seen a phrase there is no replacement for dispacement. Maybe that fits the 700R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: bberck Im 5'8 160 fits me fine. 6 foot should still have plenty of room its proablly the roomiest sport quad besides a KFX 700
I'm 6'2" 210, fits me fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

If you have a need for speed the 700 is certainly one of the faster bikes out there. Lots of performance aftermarket parts are becomming availalble. I'm sold on Mine

Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I've had mine for about a month now and its the best investment ive ever made, i love the thing. I went from a warrior to my raptor and the power difference is rediculous and the warrior is a great machine as well. I'll never buy another quad as long as my rappy still runs

Quick Reply: Raptor 700r roll call!!!