Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Slime in tires?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slime in tires?

Does anybody use slime in their tires ? How well does it work?

http://www.slimesealant.com/product.php?product=blue

Old 06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Slime in tires?

I've heard it works pretty good. I carry some with me when I go riding, haven't had to use it yet. I have even seen tire kits come pre treated with slime in the tires. So it must be decent. Only thing I'm not sure of is if you can adjust your tire pressure after you put slime into your tire. If you couldn't I wouldn't pre treat my tires, only use it if I had too, but thats just me. your slime link using the link code in the reply/post box..

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default Slime in tires?

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to "live link" it, but it wouldn't let me. It reads "Error on page" down on the bottom left of my browser. My pop-up blocker is off.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Slime in tires?

huh, beats me.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Slime in tires?

A buddy of mine had it in the tires of his Suzuki when he punctured a hole in one and it sprayed all over the place. He rode back to camp with neon green snot all over his shirt, helmet, goggles and fenders.

I didn't know it was that stuff at first, and I was like, "what the hell did you run through?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Slime in tires?

My son just placed fix a flat in some duoglas rimmed skat paddles and it worked great. He was filling the tires with air every morning until that was done, now it holds air just fine and we have more time to ride. Go for it.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Slime in tires?

i have used it 2 diff. times in 2 of the wheelers one to fix a hole and to fix a not sealing rimand it worked great.

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Slime in tires?

that fix a flat stuff is great, i used it in my rear tire and it is perfect, just make sure to follow the directions, if think it says to ride slow with it to let it distribute over the whole tire or else it wont work perfectly

steve

Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Slime in tires?

everything i have used it in is great. i put it in honda 200 quad because of the walls of the rims being bent there was a slow leak. and i fixed it right up.

just MAKE SURE if you take your quad to your dealer and they need to take the tires off for some reason TELL THEM YOU HAVE IT IN. because it makes a mess! if they dont do it right.

and if they dont know its in there it will go everywhere and you'll end up paying for them having to clean up the shop too which isnt to cheap ive heard.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Slime in tires?

I bought some for my Grizz, and the next day I had a flat on my trailer. I put some in, filled it up, and just came back from a 9 hour round trip, and it help up like a champ! I'm sold to it!

Quick Reply: Slime in tires?