Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:23 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Raptor 700 Problems

I was hoping that somebody on here might know what I did to my Raptor 700. I was installing LTE duals and after I installed them the reverse light has been on all the time. The only wires I messed with were on the left hand side of the quad down by the front sprocket. There is a plug that goes in by the front sprocket that is held in by a screw. I removed the plug temporarily and then put it back in. The only other wires I touched were the ground wire right next to that plug and I zip tied the rest of the wires in that vicinity. Do you guys know what I did and how to fix it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, anyone with LTE duals had the problem of backfiring and literally shooting fire out of the exhaust when running at a high rpm? I think I am running the right map, 416-045, the only thing that is different is the intake kit. On the map it says quadworks, and mine is a trinity.

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

One of several thing could have happened to your wiring, should'nt be dificult to figure out.
May have pinched and shorted some wires with the zip tie if you got it to tight, so cut it off and make sure it's not there. also uplug you plug by the sprocket and carefully replug it in, if I had to guess I'll bet your problem is in the plug area with the connection or ajoining wires. I would think that plug has your control wires in it for, netural and reverse lights.
Sounds like you for sure have something mapped wrong. I would strongly suggest you do'nt run you bike @ high rpm until you get a handel on it. What make EFI conroller do you have?

Old 06-09-2006 | 11:14 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have the powercommander. I took out the plug in the transmission and put it back in. Also, I checked for any burnt or cut wires and there weren't any. My only guess is that I might have stretched a wire too far and it broke the wire inside of the rubber insulation.

Old 06-09-2006 | 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

If you've got Ohm's meter or test light with sharp test leads, you can test the plug and wire at the same time, by putting one lead into the plug end and following the color coded wire comming off the plug to just above the area in which you think it could be broke by stabbing the wire Thru the insullation with the other test lead to simple test for continuities. Also if the
plug and wire going into the trans area, are not part of of the main wiring harness, you may want to consider buying that area of wire new from a dealer. It shold be cheap!
I do'nt run the powercommander so I'm certainly not a mapping expert with them, But there are a few guys on here with your set up, LTE intake and PC111 search them out and maybe pm them. Also call or get on Dynojet web site for the map they suggest with LTE and mod. intake,but it sounds like you may have been there done that. Only other thing that I Know that will work for sure and extremely well I might add, but cost $$ is to call a shop and get it dynoed on a dynojet dyno. You certainly would'nt be sorry, and it maybe less expensive in you area than you think. Dynoed mine and love it! Tweaked to perfection!