Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!!!!!!!!!

after waiting forever i finally got my wiseco prolite piston kit for a std bore blaster. how do i get the rings to fit. when i went to check the clearence there was none and it fits in wicked tight and there is no end gap. i just had my cylinder honed and i checked to make sure i have the right kit and i do so does anyone know how i can get them to fit?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:13 PM
The Facility
Default help!!!!!!!!!!!

The ring gap has to be set. This is not done from the factory for obvious reasons.

You should have the gap settings printed on a paper that came inside the piston packaging.

If it's not there, maybe someone here on the forum has one around handy....or you can call Wiseco for the specs tomorrow.

Do NOT use the factory Yamaha specs on a Wiseco piston. Wiseco pistons almost always run more gap.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default help!!!!!!!!!!!

i called wiseco and they said to file it to have a gap of .010. which part of the ring to i file though?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help!!!!!!!!!!!

Put a metal file inbetween the ring ends and run the ring up and down the file with slight presure. DO a little at a time because you do not wantt to take to much off. There is a ring file tool but it is not worth it for one ring unless you can rent one. Maybe a machine shope would do it for a few bucks?