ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/243014-new-grizz-700-fi.html)

OneFlyCowboy 06-26-2006 02:36 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Originally posted by: Catterman
I think the new grizz is awesome. Power steering and EFI are a nice touch. I am impressed anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Im thinkin they did pretty nice with the new grizz aswell.. Another notable feature is the "Industry-exclusive: four-wheel disc brakes with separate front/rear controls provide fantastic stopping power."

downeaster 06-26-2006 02:57 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]A lot of you that are complaining will never plunk down the money listed in the msrp anyway. So why
bitch. I tend to like what Yamaha did even though they didn't put out and 800cc. There 700cc upgraded
motor with efi, may make it much more competitive than you give it credit for. A new frame and the
newer widearc a arms, upgraded LCD display, better steering in 4wd, and maybe some of you haven't
given thought too, increased mpg with the new efi. For one, I am going to buy the Outdoorsman
Edition as soon and my local dealer can get one in. I am betting its going to surprise a lot of atvers
to its full potential. Being the fastest isn't always the best.

Yami450D 06-26-2006 03:10 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I totally agree with downeaster, this quad may not beat the outty in a drag, but it has alot of things the outty doesn't i am happy with yamaha's latest ute quad, as a dealer, to be honest with you, i am kinda glad they didn't make a 800 that weighed a ton and the hole bit, i think yamaha is on the right track making smaller cc's and trying to keep it light while adding to handling, and maybe we'll see, that 700 efi raptor engine is impressive, im sure it won't beat some of the other big bores but it may surprise a few thats for sure, good job yammi.

rtboy 06-26-2006 05:11 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

The new grizz looks like the seat is to far back. Maybe its just the picture but I still love it

downeaster 06-26-2006 05:32 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I have to throw in one more tidbit, did any of you notice, it appears that Yamaha has put the fuel tank
under the seat, and the shift for the forward neutral etc has changed similar to honda's Rubi. There is
more than meets the eye, and a big help for the dealers. Its gonna sell well.

MadLT 06-26-2006 05:45 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Everything is stating the new 700 is fuel injected no electronic is specified. Is it not "electronic" fuel injected?

Is Mikuni building some type of mechanical fuel injection?

BRP33 06-26-2006 06:43 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I thought the bomb was highly priced but 8 grand for a 686, that might be worse than bomb in pricing.

CobraR6 06-26-2006 07:35 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I am more interested in this "power steering" than I am the 700 FI part. I cant figure out why a Grizzly would need one, but im not gonna complain about it. I woul d be interested in riding one though to see what the difference is, never know might ride one and never want to go back. Also this could be a plus when you are in 4wd with teh differential locked in. Making it a bit easier to stear around obstacles and such.

downeaster 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

This years Griz changes are not like the changes from 2001-2006. Yamaha made a lot of changes in this
new machine.. It look like the old Griz but it isnt. Earlier post were right it is not efi, but it is throttle body
fi. I believe that this is the same injection in the Raptor, Yama snowmobiles, and outboards. They are
superior to any machines of yamaha that came before. People claiming that Yamaha just let them down
are just plain juvenile, or not intelligent enough to see the differences. It is pricey, and those who want
to claim the bomb is better because it is the same price and has a higher cc engine, I guess that engine
is all they look at. I drove a Bomb and liked it, I think this Griz is going to be a major step in ATVING. It
also has a 4 ltr storage under the seat as well as the gas tank. There is a new wine in town. Yamaha
let us down again! Tribute to the juvie winers of atving.

v2rider 06-26-2006 09:28 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I think its quite a nice machine. I like the power steering for diff lock turning, and the 4x4 options (2WD, Limited Slip 4X4, and full lock 4X4). Those are some nice features!