ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/243014-new-grizz-700-fi.html)

Hoopie 06-27-2006 12:15 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

At first looks it looks nice with some awesome 4x4 features and great comfort and low weight for better handling but the Power sterring is stupid. something else to break that it didnt need that just cost more. Im curious to what the effect will be with bigger tires. Its to high priced but they all are. All 700cc class are about 8g with the KG being the cheapest. I like the built in storage also. It still seems though that at almost 12in ground clearance and 46in wide its going to be tippy like the previous griz until aftermarket tires and rims are put on. Im curious though at 600lbs how strong is it built? time will tell. Its make for a good shoot out between the KG, SP700, Arctic Cat 700, Outlander 650, and Honda 680, BF650.

On a side note isnt it a wonderful time to be an ATV consumer. I can see how anyone would be happy with any of the quads listed and all would be enjoyable.. well maybe not the honda. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but these prices are getting to be ridiculous.

Moosedog 06-27-2006 12:26 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I think the power steering is great! Who hasn't hit a stump on the inside of a turn and jambed the bar in their gut? I'm thinking it will greatly reduce that kind of feedback.

Yes it is EFI. Throttle body has nothing to do with wether or not it's EFI.

I think the 700 will be okay but wished for more.

007raptor 06-27-2006 01:25 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

to all who say the eps (power steering )is stupid are gonna eat crow...look at every pro rider who races cross country on rough terrain,they all run stabilizers and the eps will work like that but better,its no gimmick,yammie came out with a far better quad then the 660,if they had come out with a 800 there would have been whiners to say why not a 850 or 900...blah blah blah..dont be surprised to see it win the mags so called shoot outs for having a great total package...great job yammie,i have a 700 rap and run the heck out of it,the motor is very strong and the efi has not skipped a beat...have about 2000 miles on it now zero probs.

Steveo10 06-27-2006 02:23 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

With hugh tires on the new griz, the steering is gonna be smooth. I would also like to see some shootouts sometime in the near future

Yami450D 06-27-2006 02:45 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

I agree with 007raptor, this EPS is no gimmick to boost sales, this thing is actually really impressive and works, go to ... www.atvscene.com , they did a ride test already, and i know your all gonna say yamaha bought the results, and maybe they did, but it still sounds impressive.

SVTPETE 06-27-2006 06:32 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Isnt the fact that its controlled by a computer make it EFI?

Catterman 06-27-2006 11:19 AM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Any fuel injection is EFI. My 1991 Suburban had EFI as an emblem on the back, and just "throttle body" In short, the differnce between that and "multi port" is just with having an injector for each cylinder. In this case, there is only 1 cylinder anyway.

Hope this was clear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Sparky660 06-27-2006 07:00 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Originally posted by: Hoopie
At first looks it looks nice with some awesome 4x4 features and great comfort and low weight for better handling but the Power sterring is stupid. .
You should try it before you look like a fool. Everyone that has rode the new Grizzly has had nothing but great things to say about it. If you spent anytime on any atv you would know what it is like to hit a rock,stump, or rut and have the bars ripped out of your hand. Guess what, hear is the fix. It will be an indsutry standard as Honda is talking about it already. Mark my words.

Hoopie 06-27-2006 08:12 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

How is power steering going to fix the bars being ripped out of your hands when hitting a stump? A sterring Stablizer doesnt do that so I dont thing powersteering will either. Power sterring assits the effort needed to turn the handle bars at all speeds. That has nothing to do with catching a stump and it pulling it out of your hands. A stabolizer would probably work better than powersteering would.

Sparky660 06-27-2006 08:28 PM

NEW GRIZZ... 700 FI

Originally posted by: Hoopie
How is power steering going to fix the bars being ripped out of your hands when hitting a stump? A sterring Stablizer doesnt do that so I dont thing powersteering will either. Power sterring assits the effort needed to turn the handle bars at all speeds. That has nothing to do with catching a stump and it pulling it out of your hands. A stabolizer would probably work better than powersteering would.
Here is a link on how it works. It works better than any stabilizer. It is way better than a automotive style and is proportional to your speed. It has everything to do with catching a stump and so forth that seems the main reason for designing it. Do some homework before assuming. The link feature isn't working so just cut and paste:

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/yam...izzly-07.html#