Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ttr50 vs crf?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttr50 vs crf?

Yea, im gonna save up my money for a pit bike. I want the ttr but i wanna know what is better of course, ttr or crf? TTR has electric start, so i wont have to be fighting with that might compression it has with my foot..=]..And which one is faster and wheelies easier? Can the ttr do the same thing as the crf if you hold the shifter up that is the clutch? Any help is really appreciated.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default ttr50 vs crf?

im am looking at the same bikes. so far i have learned that the crf has li,e a million more parts for it. i love yamaha and the ttrs look, and its electric start. but the honda had a bullet broof motor i have ridden them a few times and i have seen a stocker pull around a 200 pounds amn after a lil push for like 30 mins lol. i think they are both great bikes but as of right now im going to go with the crf and its easy to kick over lol. if it was not such a bullet proff motor or they had half the parts a crf has i WOULD get the TTR in a heartbeat. just my 2 cents.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default ttr50 vs crf?

Im really considering the ttr right now, because i dontthink that there could be anything major going wrong with a 50cc air-cooled engine, besides the started maybe. Does the ttr have a battery?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default ttr50 vs crf?

im like almost positive that it has a battery if it has electric start, if not they somehow are just ... no wait it has to have some kind of battery

Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default ttr50 vs crf?

yes its got a tiny battery. yeah i dont think much can go wrong on a 50. my friend has an old xr and its really old but runs like new and its totally stock. another friend has on 04 crf that he rolled down a big bill all the way down and bent the stock bars really bad. we picked it up one kick and started right up. i like it but the ttr looks really good plus its a yammy.