Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Awesome Story...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome Story...

Ok Me and AustinOneal were out last night tuning are quads to get ready to go to the drag strip this saturday...well we just got though putting a plus 8 swing arm on austin trinity banshee..We have got 300 foot black top strip at austins house...Ok we line up.. You know like we do all the time....Then we go...but it was diffent austin was not beside me.. so i shut down and here he come... Both back tires were flat (They had 5lbs of air in them) He Hooked up so good.. He broke the beed on the back tires...Iv never seen that happen in my 20 years of riding...Man that little 70 HP trinity was putting the ponys to the ground...Well i just wish we would have got it on video...Well i just wanted to share my story...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Default Awesome Story...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img],[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Awesome Story...

Nothing like the sweet smell of power. lol. =]

Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Awesome Story...

I almost want to throw the BS flag on this one, it does sound unbelievable, but I guess it is possible. That is some crazy shid for sure!!! Got to make him fell like he accomplished something for sure, good job on the motor!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Awesome Story...

Well doyle was wrong on one thing... I was running 2lbs in the backs...I let some air out before we lined them up...

Old 07-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Awesome Story...

Text

Old 07-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Awesome Story...

bs flag fo sho...

my buddy spun the rims INTO the tires on a stock tecate.... ssooo

Old 07-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Awesome Story...

Originally posted by: warwgn
Text
~Random~ Cool story man!

Old 07-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Awesome Story...

Do the old drag race trick for mounting slicks on wheels drill 4 1/8' holes equally spaced in the wheels with a stop on the drill bit then screw the beads of the tires to the wheels with 4 hex head screws. Works like a charm, then you can run low air pressure and not spin the wheels in the slicks.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Awesome Story...

well lets see i beleave i can top you're storie. I was rideing my 400EX and my buddy was on his 1999 Polaris sport 400 2 stroke and we lined up. When he hit the gas the rims tore of the quad and went roleing down the road (well the left side did and the right is amost of) and Polaris wheels are reall heavy steal. Too bad it was on a totaly stock motor or i would say wow it puts out some HP. Just week metal i guess.

Quick Reply: Awesome Story...