Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone have a moto-fast pipe on their Banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have a moto-fast pipe on their banshee? how do you like it and how has it changed the power band, and how would they compare to FMFs in power and overall quality? thanks. Also if you got a pic of one on a Shee, i'd love to see it.

Old 11-29-2000, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't have a Moto-fast, but I do have a Dynoport that I love..... I race hare-scrambles and the 2-1 pipe lets you run a gear higher than twin pipe setups and you do A LOT LESS clutching out of the turns.... some friends of mine tried different twin pipes for racing.....but all all came back to the dynoport..
If you are looking for a great pipe for woods or trails, then you are on the right track!
Another guy that I race with decribed his pipe as a 'Stump Puller' after we jetted his machine properly!!!!
Good luck....

Old 11-30-2000, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you Raptor275, that is exactly what I will be looking for.I am considering either the moto fast or PSI pipes. Were there any other mods to your or your friends Banshee, or did the pipe make that much of a difference? thanks.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I believe that my friends was stock, mine however had a bunch of work....
-2.25mm oversized bore
-ported for woods(smoothed out the powerband)
-Rad Valves with pro reeds
-reed spacers
-milled head...we aimed for .030" off(resulted
in close to 165psi compression
-boost bottle
-Pro Design timing plate
-Hinson clutch basket with Barnett clutch
-K&N Filter

The rad valves and timing plate helped a lot! The rest probably helps, but it's hard to feel...The higher compression works with the rad valves and timing plate to help you get out of the turns quicker.....(I was at the local practice track and had a guy on a 400ex tell me that I was pulling him out of the corners!!!)
The nicest part about the 2-1 pipes is that you can also trail ride for hours at an idle without loading up!!!!
another thing....Dyno Port makes two silencers. I have the 'quiet' version which is basically their standard silencer with a down spout that also works as a spark arrestor....I'd recommend this version......you could always pull the spout out if you wanted the little extra top end....Just remember to jet up afterwards....I lost the last race this year because I forgot to do this and cooked the engine!!!! live and learn I guess
Good luck in your decision making

Old 11-30-2000, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Please, for your sake, DO NOT wear pink when riding your Bad Boy Banshee!!!! Kidding! Well not really, but still kidding!

RoostKing...

Old 11-30-2000, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't wear pink because there's already a guy in our series that calls himself the 'Pink Panther'. he's spoken for that color!!!

Old 12-01-2000, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

RoostKing, everybody in the room is looking at me funny because i'm laughing so hard!!I was young!