Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what banshee parts fit a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what banshee parts fit a blaster

you guys dont have to be such hard asses about it i told you i searched it on here and didnt find anything and only reply if you actually know somethin not some B.S. stuff hope youer not this intelligent on the trails or dunes... but for the other guys thanx for the help

Old 08-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Range Rover

If you have one of the old front drum brake Blasters, Banshee spindles, front hubs, front calipers, and front master cylinder will fit. Banshee axle is actually a +3 on the blaster. Banshee rear hubs will fit and makes the rear bolt pattern an easier to find 4/115. Front shocks also.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

What about rear caliper?

Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

The best way to find all the mods is to do some ebaying. they will only steer you wrong if you let them.

I also found a yamaha parts website that sells factory parts online and have done a lot of cross-referencing and found several parts are interchangeable.

Brake parts, front rims, handlebars, various things.

On reply stated changing the axel will give you a different rear wheel hole pattern. I recommend checking that out, as the axel doesn't have a hole pattern. The hubs, however are interchangeable and will be a different hole pattern, I bought 2 sets for my 2 blasters on ebay. The hubs are the same for Banshee, Warrior, YFZ450, Raptors and more.... The axel cuts will also fit some Honda Hubs if you want to go that route. The Cogs are the same on some, not sure of all of them.

REAR Brake Calipers for Banshee, Warrior and more, will interchange with 2003 & up blasters. There is no "bolt on" upgrade from one to the other if you have an older Blaster. I have purchased a 2003 Frame (ebay) to apgrade my 89. It's gonna require a new harness and some electrical mods to make it completely like the 2003 & up ones but I got that under control too. Updated swingarm, carrier, brake rotor, new axel to accept the rotor change, caliper and pedal and more just to upgrade to hydraulic rear brake....... it's not a quick change item, but very do-able with patience and a few bucks.

Fron't brake calipers are the same for many of the Yamaha sport 4 wheelers, but that's a differnt horse completely. The lines are not the same so you'll have to do some research on how you wish to complete the fronts if changing to Hydraulics from non. But just the calipers from Banshee to Blaster 2003 & up is direct part number match, as well as the master cylinder and brake handle/reservior. can't say for sure whether the spindle/knuckle assemblies are direct match but they may also be. I see "upgrade kits" on ebay all the time for around 300 bucks, but they don't always have all the parts needed to complete the installation as best I can tell. Be carefull with that if you choose to go that direction.

I've seen a few ads for Grab bars that said Blaster/Banshee, but I don't know how similar they might be.

Steering shafts are very similar at least and may be a straight up swap too.

Gas Caps, and simple stuff often jump models too, but i suspect you're not looking for that kind of stuff.

Here's the link to my favorite parts checker site

Yamaha Parts

Old 01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Range Rover

sorry for the late reply i have the banshee axle and front shocks on mine amazing upgrade also have a z400 rear shock. all from ebay total of $130 goodluck

Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

does the z400 rear shock bolt right on ????same question about the banshee fronts

Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

front shocks do i have burgaurd 3+1 so it restored height, banshee shocks are 1 " longer than stock blasters so without the burgaurds im not sure of the height issue. i will say the banshee shocks are so much plusher,and my blaster handles much diff on turns and braking. just had to get used to it . 100% better on jumps and bumpy trails. as for the z4oo rear, i had to add spacers at the bottom pin. i used washers on each side. for the top i bought some steel spacers andsome washers and a longer bolt.took a little bit to get it right.but the ride is amazing, again 100% better. check out the site boomer/rydindirty. it has a step by step on the rears plus many other mods good luck ps nice blaster

Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

thanks man i'm getting ready to install my new 240 vitos kit.......and i'll check that out thanks

Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

please let me know about the vitos 240.im on the fence to go with ct racing sonic 240 kit or with vitos. thanks