ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   to all warrior owners (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/248129-all-warrior-owners.html)

ZapooMafoo 08-28-2006 10:08 PM

to all warrior owners

is your warriors clutch hard to pull in? Mine seems awful hard to pull it in. After driving my buddys preddy mine is such a beast to pull in.

Thanks.

bberck 08-28-2006 10:12 PM

to all warrior owners

Ya mine is hard to pull in. I didnt really realize it till I got my 700 and felt how easy it pulls in.

daPREDATOR 08-28-2006 10:37 PM

to all warrior owners

i thought mine was the only one, but i guess not..... its way harder than my pred's clutch

DirtDog15 08-28-2006 11:08 PM

to all warrior owners

Hello:

Mine is a little bit hard to pull in. It is'nt that bad, but my brother's 1986 Quadracer 250R is ALOT easier to pull.
I think it has something to do with the design yamaha used for the clutch release. I have ridden two other warriors other than mine and they are all about the same.

Jack

JLsparky7 08-28-2006 11:18 PM

to all warrior owners

lube the clutch cable and itll help a bit.

kfxandahemi 08-28-2006 11:22 PM

to all warrior owners

When I had a warrior it was hard to pull. After riding my buddies Rappy 700 and Rappy 660 for that matter, the warrior clutch seemed like a grunt.

ESeriesFaithful 09-02-2006 10:51 PM

to all warrior owners

Yeah my warrior's clutch is harder to pull in than my 86 LT230's clutch, but it really isnt too bad. I was kind of thinking it might have beefier springs. Here's the thing though, the warrior's clutch is slipping under hard acceleration. The cable is adjusted properly, and after half throttle it just seems to break loose and rev up, I thought about possibly breaking the tires loose, but im almost positive its not doing that because i was on some tacky dirt. I put some cheapy castrol oil in after i made the mistake of putting non wet clutch specific oil in it. Should i go to AMSOIL or bel ray and drain the castrol as a way of flushing the clutch out? Or is this a sign of clutch wear? Anybody had experience with this before?

Boomer2 09-02-2006 11:55 PM

to all warrior owners

My warrior's clutch is hard to pull in, but so is my 250r. For the 250r I heard you can put a different clutch perch on it to make it easier. If I rode the warrior reguraly I'd probably put a hydraulic clutch on it, my stepson rides it so I'm helping him build muscles.

EseriesFaithful I did the same thing, I ran Mobilone for cars in the Warrior. I didn't notice any clutch splippage though, I just read that it was bad so I changed to Amsoil with no problem. Amsoil, Belray, Motul, Spectro all should work. Even Yamalube would probably work. I prefer synthetics since the Warrior is aircooled, but thats just my opinion.

MrOffroad 09-03-2006 06:30 AM

to all warrior owners

Yeah, it's weird. I bought an '87 Warrior for my daughter a couple years ago, and the clutch was a bear to pull in. Replaced cable...still sucked. I bought her a Raptor 350 last year, and you can pull in the clutch with 2 fingers.

ESeriesFaithful 09-03-2006 10:38 AM

to all warrior owners

Thanks boomer2. I was just planning to switch to amsoil and hope that draining the castrol will clear out all evidence of the non wet clutch oil. After that ill know its not the oil and then possibly have to go into the clutch. The front sprocket was worn out after only four years so whoever owned it before my buddy and i mustve abused it bad.