Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

to all warrior owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to all warrior owners

is your warriors clutch hard to pull in? Mine seems awful hard to pull it in. After driving my buddys preddy mine is such a beast to pull in.

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ya mine is hard to pull in. I didnt really realize it till I got my 700 and felt how easy it pulls in.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

i thought mine was the only one, but i guess not..... its way harder than my pred's clutch

Old 08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hello:

Mine is a little bit hard to pull in. It is'nt that bad, but my brother's 1986 Quadracer 250R is ALOT easier to pull.
I think it has something to do with the design yamaha used for the clutch release. I have ridden two other warriors other than mine and they are all about the same.

Jack

Old 08-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

lube the clutch cable and itll help a bit.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

When I had a warrior it was hard to pull. After riding my buddies Rappy 700 and Rappy 660 for that matter, the warrior clutch seemed like a grunt.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah my warrior's clutch is harder to pull in than my 86 LT230's clutch, but it really isnt too bad. I was kind of thinking it might have beefier springs. Here's the thing though, the warrior's clutch is slipping under hard acceleration. The cable is adjusted properly, and after half throttle it just seems to break loose and rev up, I thought about possibly breaking the tires loose, but im almost positive its not doing that because i was on some tacky dirt. I put some cheapy castrol oil in after i made the mistake of putting non wet clutch specific oil in it. Should i go to AMSOIL or bel ray and drain the castrol as a way of flushing the clutch out? Or is this a sign of clutch wear? Anybody had experience with this before?

Old 09-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

My warrior's clutch is hard to pull in, but so is my 250r. For the 250r I heard you can put a different clutch perch on it to make it easier. If I rode the warrior reguraly I'd probably put a hydraulic clutch on it, my stepson rides it so I'm helping him build muscles.

EseriesFaithful I did the same thing, I ran Mobilone for cars in the Warrior. I didn't notice any clutch splippage though, I just read that it was bad so I changed to Amsoil with no problem. Amsoil, Belray, Motul, Spectro all should work. Even Yamalube would probably work. I prefer synthetics since the Warrior is aircooled, but thats just my opinion.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, it's weird. I bought an '87 Warrior for my daughter a couple years ago, and the clutch was a bear to pull in. Replaced cable...still sucked. I bought her a Raptor 350 last year, and you can pull in the clutch with 2 fingers.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks boomer2. I was just planning to switch to amsoil and hope that draining the castrol will clear out all evidence of the non wet clutch oil. After that ill know its not the oil and then possibly have to go into the clutch. The front sprocket was worn out after only four years so whoever owned it before my buddy and i mustve abused it bad.

Quick Reply: to all warrior owners