Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

95 Wolverine replacement carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Wolverine replacement carb

There were two throttle housings used on the wolverines - not sure what year they switched over, but I've seen both with my own eyes - one on my 95, and the other on my buddy's 03 - the 03 version was taller (the housing itself) and I've no clue about the linkage inside as to how much pull per inch of push - yadda yadda yadda

Just got word from my guy in Kansas - the carb is yours and for less than I thought it would be. I'll pm ya the price and give you his e-mail address so you two can square up with payment and the like. Trust me, this is a good deal as new they are $265 - his will be slightly less than half - and it's still brand new. Too bad you need it - I'd rather see you spend hard earned cash on a mod.

Anyway, pm comming.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tdragano, the throttle assemblies I have are both identical, so the Warrior and 95 Wolverine are the same, both measured a 1.5" pull measured from the center of the link arm, where the cable end hooks up. My Wolverine runs out of cable with the carb full open at 1.25", so I end up with a quarter inch to spare.If that is more than yours, then maybe that is the ticket for the Edelbrock carb .
95 Wolverine, thanks for getting back to me, I'll be waiting for your PM, and don't worry, I still have a hankerin' for mods !!!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

I sent the pm... hopefully you got it.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

95Wolv...Thanks for taking the time to measure that for me. I am going to measure mine first chance I get.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I did have Wolverine carb troubles for a long time, stuff like the irratic idle, I replaced almost everything on my old carb, and it still didn't run right. I bought a Brand New OEM Carb off ebay a few months back for cheap, I installed it and put a jet kit in as well, took me a while but I finally got it running perfect, and no irratic idle now, I believe the idle has to do with vacuum like someone said. The carb must get worn out after years of riding, because this new carb makes it run smooth.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

Just a follow up about there being a choke on the Warrior Edelbrock carb...

I called Edelbrock this morning and the Tech said NO, there has never been a choke or enricher circuit on the Warrior Edelbrock.

Also, it is OK to leave the needle adjuster screwed in all the time (no need to reinstall the plug). Just make sure that nothing is keeping it pushed down, like the bottom of the tank.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had my Wolverine, I considered buying an Edelbrock Quicksilver.

I called a very well known builder/tuner (GNCC motors), and asked him about them, as he listed them in his product catalog.

He told me that, while he does, and has sold them, he also had bought back every single one he sold. He also told me that he had thousends of dollars worth of (useless to him) needles in stock.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Range Rover

I would like to know what the said GNCC Tuner/Builder didn't like about them. Spddeamon and Recon99 both have them and love them.

Sure I don't race, but so far, there is absolutely nothing, engine running wise, that hasn't improved since I put the Edelbrock on (except for cold starting). Mid to Top end acceleration is night and day from the stock carb. There is the possibility that there was a problem with my OEM carb, but I don't think so.

Was there a durability problem?

Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really can't answer that question. I was just repeating what he told me over the phone.

My perception was tuning issues, but I did not really delve into it with him.

I know others who have had success with these carbs, too. I just posted as an FYI.

Don't take my post as bashing, because it is not. I have never used or tuned one.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I haven't kept everyone updated on the progress of my problem, too busy with work and getting ready to bow hunt. First of all, a BIG thank you to 95 Wolverine for hooking me up with a brand new Warrior carb at a hell of a deal, my was getting awfully sloppy and corroded inside from years of use and abuse. A few part swaps, and it was good to go. Put the carb on, and I was shocked, it STILL did the revving, could have sworn the carb was the main fault, but decided to start pulling other common items, starting with the intake to the motor. It seemed ok, but when compared with another one I had, it seemed a little soft, I started flexing it, and could see a lot of little tear marks showing up, probably getting some leakage, even though it didn't show up with carb spray. Installed new boot, ran a lot better, still revved a litttle, but would come down on its own. Checked the idle mixture screw,it was at 2 turns out, took it out to 2.5 turns, and it now runs fine, must have been a little lean on the bottom end. So in closing, I would like to thank all of you for all the advice and help, especially 95 Wolverine, now I have a shiny new carb that runs a lot better !!!!

Quick Reply: 95 Wolverine replacement carb