Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Breeze fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006 | 08:37 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze fuel leak

Hi everyone! I'm new to this ATV thing and don't know much and was hoping you guys could help me out.

Recently my friend gave me his ATV as part of a deal (I did some work on his house) because his son had grown tired of it. I thought this was great, because my own son had been pestering me for an ATV or dirt bike to ride around our property. The ATV is a 2004 Yamaha Breeze. I brought it home and was going to try it out and see how it ran (my friend said it was in great condition) but there's a problem. I put some gas in it (thankfully not too much!) and almost immediately noticed a dripping sound. The gas I just put in was dripping right out onto my driveway! I'm not much of a mechanic, but I figure that's not supposed to happen! There's a black hose connected to the bottom of the carburetor (?) about a foot long that's connected to a yellow-ish hose only a few inches long that runs towards the back of the ATV where the gas is dripping out.

I'm hoping this is a simple fix (along the lines of finding where the other end of the hose is supposed to go!) but I don't have a clue where to begin.

Thanks in advance for helping a new person out!

~Matt

Old 09-26-2006 | 08:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Breeze fuel leak

You probably need to take apart the carb and clean it out good, it sounds like a stuck float or needle valve. At the worst, you may have to replace the needle valve seat if they're worn, but on a 2004 i doubt they'd be worn.