Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 660r tippy

anyone have experience with durablue front and rear lowering kits? thanks

Old 09-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have no personal experience with these kits. That being said, I have heard many stories about them. They are good for flat-track racing, but not for motocross. These lowering kits will NOT hold up to jumping, they will break. If you want to lower and widen your raptor, check out my page and see what I did. These were the cheapest and most reliable and flexible solutions: lower profile tires, wider axle and a-arms and new shocks. You can also get a rear shock linkage from companies like Elka and LSR to help lower the rear end.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you very much, But i definitely can not afford that. I will not be doing jumps with the raptor, but i will be doing FAST trails, some sand, some of everything, but no jumps. With that said, someone with experience with what i am going to do please step in and enlighten me. Does it make it wider?? how much lower? are they reliable?? and yes i would like fries with that shake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Paint...When i first pick my rappy up it had the front and back lowing kits...And had the wheel spacers...They would work grate for your trails...Just remember your wider when your going though tight spots...A other thing you can do is what i did..(Dont do unless you know what your doing)..I cut 3 coils out of my front springs..And if you take your time..You can make it look like they were made that way..Iv never told anyone that trick..Becouse i did not want a kiddo trying it..and messing his springs up..or somone not doing it right..and somthing happens and they have a wreck couse of somthing i said to do..So if you not very good with a torch and grinders..dont do it..But on the other hand..It works VERY good..Makes your front end soft and low..But do not jump after you cut your shocks...And a other cheep thing you can do Paint...Just get on ebay and buy some blaster shocks..Thats what we run on a few of are drag quads...They lower you front around 2 inchs....

Old 12-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

I'm also would like to help this tippy problem out w/o selling and going to a 700r.

it looks like you can get 5" wheel spacers on ebay for $75. This looks to be my first choice. It appears one can get a longer axel for $100 or so. The front a-arms look to be farily pricey at around $450 for a set (Guess)

any other ideas ? I do some jumping in the dunes and not looking to break these lowering kits.

are these differant axels easy to install?

Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
Paint...When i first pick my rappy up it had the front and back lowing kits...And had the wheel spacers...They would work grate for your trails...Just remember your wider when your going though tight spots...A other thing you can do is what i did..(Dont do unless you know what your doing)..I cut 3 coils out of my front springs..And if you take your time..You can make it look like they were made that way..Iv never told anyone that trick..Becouse i did not want a kiddo trying it..and messing his springs up..or somone not doing it right..and somthing happens and they have a wreck couse of somthing i said to do..So if you not very good with a torch and grinders..dont do it..But on the other hand..It works VERY good..Makes your front end soft and low..But do not jump after you cut your shocks...And a other cheep thing you can do Paint...Just get on ebay and buy some blaster shocks..Thats what we run on a few of are drag quads...They lower you front around 2 inchs....

I would not recommend using a torch on any springs. It can take the temperment out of them. If you do use a torch submerge the whole spring in water except what you're cutting. That being said to cut a spring it would be best to use a band saw or cutting wheel(something that doesn't use heat).