Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glacier Plow / Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier Plow / Grizzly 660

Hello all. I am new to the forum as of today.......wanting to install a 60" plow on my 04 Grizzly 660.

After looking at the plow systems I am leaning towards the Glacier II with the 60" Razor plow blade -- made by Polaris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] --

They make adapter plates for the Grizzly that work with the original Glacier plow system (pre model II) but I havent found out for sure if the Glacier II uses a different mounting plate or if they do, if such a part is available yet. (was told by one Polaris dealer that the Glacier II system adapter plates are not available yet for a Yamaha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] )

Have any of you used either the original Glacier or the Glacier II? The mounting system looks strong and simple, plus the model II has 20" of elevation vs. 13" on the Glacier.

I plan on using a yet to be installed winch as the lift for the plow. My main concern is that I don't want to get a winch mounting system that will interfere with the plow mounting system since they both attach to the front of the ATV frame.

Any help choosing a winch mounting system that will be compatible with the Glacier II plow system would be appreciated.

If there is a better plow system out there that has the high lift of the Glacier II, I would like to hear about it also.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier Plow / Grizzly 660

I bought the warn plow 54" for mine, it seem to be a fairly nice setup. It is in my garage I have not even installed it yet. I researched for a while and found great reviews on most plows. One friend has a Country plow and he has had it for 2 years and has never had a problem , he uses it on a Prairie 3604x4. My other friend has a cycle country straight plow and has never had a problem.

I know you want one that is wider than the wheel base of your quad even when the plow is angled. I had also read if you use a winch to raise/lower plow you should use a roller fairlead rather than a hawse.