Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What needs to be done

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What needs to be done

So i'm really considering getting a banshee, but i dont know enough about 2 strokes. like what needs to be done to maintain them? Its a completely different world. i'm kind of getting sick of riding my giant bomb. ds650 it weighs like 460 pounds and i'm always getting creamed if i drag other quads. I was looking for somehting small, light, and quick, but i'm afraid of what i dont know about 2 strokes. Any Help would be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

It would be big help to know where you ride and on what kinds of trails and what are your priorities beyond drag racing. As long as you don't go completely off the chart with your hop up mods the Banshee will be very reliable. You can build the Banshee motor into any type of performance you want. You can win ALL the drag races with the right mods. The down side is that for many types of trails a hopped up Banshee can be a handfull that takes a very good rider to have fun. And the gnarlier the trail the more you will be wishing for a 4 stroke. I would rec'm taking test ride on a newer high performance Hon, Yam, or Suzi before tossing all your eggs at a Banshee.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

Most of my riding is trail riding, but even with that i dont have enough power. I ride with my friends and even when trial riding everything turns into a race. I also am not looking to spend much money.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

well throught tight trails of course the ds won't win I have one also and it takes them longer to accelerate why don't you do mods to the ds and go to the bomb forum and see what some of those guys have done the ds will win in top speed against the 450's but in a shorter drag the ds will lose as it doesn't accelerate as fast but o well whatever you choose is a good one as banshees are fast also and can be made into anything you want.