Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly the best!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly the best!

Grizzly 660 has to best the meanest, baddest, coolest ATV out there. It rocks. And its not just a typical hard working farm quad...its a beast of a road quad as well.

Anyone agree?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

(crickets chirping).......

Old 10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

ahha man i hope this post is 5 years old

Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

I think Yamaha did the right thing by keeping the 660. All it takes is different wheels and tires to resolve any tipping issue. Compared to all the other big bores the 660 is the most reliable, the most machine for the money, more aftermarket items available than any other, by far the most compact for the tight stuff, for the majority of riders will do everything just as well as the 700FI. Don't overlook the 660 when shopping big bore.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry I dissagree, I say the Big Bear, or the older model of the Wolverene are better machines than the Grizzly, the Bear and the Wolf can go where the Grizz can't go cause of it bigger size and its increased weight. I wanted to buy a new Big Bear, but the salesman refused to sell it to me so I bought an Eiger.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

How did he refuse to sell it?

Old 10-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I made up my mind, I wanted to buy a new Yamaha Big Bear, went to the dealer to buy it cash, made up my mind im not leaving untill I bring home a new Big Bear. The whole time there the dealer cut down and told me the Big Bear was a piece of crap, its junk, he told me I wanted a Kodiak instead, he refused to allow me to test drive the Big Bear but he gave me a test ride on the Kodiak, I still wanted the Big Bear because its gear drive, he told me I was nuts and crazy and the belt would never slip on the Kodiak, then he gave me a price on both but they were priced the same even when the Big Bear was a lower price msrp, I gave up dealing with him, all he did was cut down the Big Bear told me its junk, and I couldn't believe any Yamaha dealer would cut down any Yamaha he sells, I walked outta there discusted. The next day I was going to travel to another Yamaha dealer but I stopped at Suzuki to get a price on a new Eiger, I didn't want to buy the Eiger, I was just using the Suzuki dealer to write me a quoted price so I could take that to another Yamaha dealer to get the price down on a new Big Bear. I didn't know the Eiger manual was a gear drive also, I took a test ride, loved it and got a price of $4399 + tax, and bought it. All my friends own Yamaha Big Bears, I ride with them, but im not completly accepted cause I own a Suzuki, I still believe Yamaha makes the best ATV, but I do ride with a Yamaha Grizz and when the trails thru the woods get tight and narrow with downed trees the Grizz has trouble fitting thru, and thru swamps and loose ground the Grizz with its heavier weight will sink down more and get stuck. Don't get me wrong, the Grizz is a great machine, but its not a good machine when ur traveling thru rough areas at a fast pace. I look at the Grizz as one of the better machines if ur going at a slow pace.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

The last I looked, the difference in weight was anywhere between 35-50 pounds. I don't think that's very significant.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Sorry I dissagree, I say the Big Bear, or the older model of the Wolverene are better machines than the Grizzly, the Bear and the Wolf can go where the Grizz can't go cause of it bigger size and its increased weight. I wanted to buy a new Big Bear, but the salesman refused to sell it to me so I bought an Eiger.
why in the hell would he refuse to sell it to you ? and a eiger has no front differential locker correct ?

Old 10-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

The Yamaha dealer was a complete a hole, he wanted to sell me what I didn't want by cutting down his own product, I left cause he cut down his own product he was selling and that didn't impress me. The Suzuki Eiger has a torque sensing limited slip front differential, not a locker, but the Eiger has low and high range, in low range at a lower gear its geared so low it could climb a telephone pole.

Quick Reply: Grizzly the best!