Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Top secret Black Banshee went BOOM!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top secret Black Banshee went BOOM!!

hate to steal your thread doyle-but... i thought i blew mine up at l.s.!! we took the head off and the left side had gear oil all over it.guess i lost a seal. piston had a little chipping around the edge nothing to bad. the tops of my pistons have .75 on them anyone know what that # stands for.???? the top secrect shee is looking good cant wait to see all 3 of the black sheep shee's!!! thanks for the pipes austin hope to get everything back together n a month or 2.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Rico..i really dont know what that number on yours is..When you sent me the message last night on my phone..I cleaned up them .20 over pistions i got..And on the top of them were a 5 diget parts number..I wonder what kinda pistons you have..But i know were your coming from..the .20 pistons iv got laying around..i have no clue what kind they are..i quess i can try to look up the parts number on them..They came with my shee when i got it..Ill prob put them in mine when i rebuild..These pistions were the ones that were in the orangecrush banshees..before he went with diffent mods..

Old 10-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

tatanka..
And you need to lay off the paint chips..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

LOL J/K.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

when u fing out the number tell me doyle i got a parts unlimited catalog ill tell ya what ya need to know

Old 10-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi, the number on top of your piston means .030 over size(.75mm)

Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

thats what i was afraid of. im going to get it bored out , what size piston am i going to need??? this bike was just rebuilt about a year ago, they said they melted it . i m hopeing they put a hot rod crank in it!!! isnt .03(.75mm) getting close to a big bore???

Old 10-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

how did your banshee dyno up there doyle??? was your jetting good or off??? did your sprocket change help???

i did see a little green 400 beat you acouple of times that first day. the shee looked better the next day .. u must have been sandbaggn right????

Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

how did your banshee dyno up there doyle??? was your jetting good or off??? did your sprocket change help? I did see a little green 400 beat you acouple of times that first day. the shee looked better the next day .. u must have been sandbaggn right????

Ok Rico this is what all went down thrus when we got there...We went strait to the drag strip...And i was getting my butt handed to me becouse i could not get out of the hole at all...Heres why...I was running 20 inch paddles..with 13-44 gearing...well when i put the 22 inch dubble buffs 9 paddles on it thought my gearing off bad..First gear was too low..and second gear was too high..so i could not get out of the hole at all...So i went back that next morning when i seen you...and put a 14 on the front..and that was alot better...i could get out of the hole in 1st with out running out of RPM...That when i started laying the whoopins on a few people...

And ill tell you one thing about you little 400...Iv see ALOT of them...Iv never seen one like yours that runs that good...You were laying a whooping on alot of 450s and rappys....I dont know what all you have done to your KFX..But good job...You were pissing some 450s off..LOL...And yea you beat me when i could not get out of the hole...But the next day..all you could see is my fat *** crake hungin out of my pants...LOL...j/k

And as for my dyno numbers...Yes my jetting was off..and i still think im a little lean...But i already told you the HP numbers..Im not going to put them on a fourms...Couse i dont want these kids telling me im full of poo..and there fake...Iv got the dyno paper pined up on my wall...and thats were she is going to stay..so i can see how much more i gained when i rebuild it....

The Dyno numbers were very good for a stock banshee..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

yea mine dynoed at right about 60 billion hp, its kind of a big deal, i was throwing the drumps off the dyno

Old 10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

yea mine dynoed at right about 60 billion hp, its kind of a big deal, i was throwing the drumps off the dyno
LOL..Thats almost as high as mine Dynoed...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Top secret Black Banshee went BOOM!!