Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Raptor 700 controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Raptor 700 controller

Hi everyone.
I am new here and was looking for a little info. I have 4 quads now and my last one is a raptor 700 the yellow SE or LE model year 2006. I have done some mods like plus a-arms after market exhaust and air box along with elka shocks. I have the new baja rims and HD hole shot tires and she runs great other then the controller. I live in Florida and go to Utah every year for a month of riding. I know on my other quads I re-jet the carb's and they run great at 10 thousand ft. I would like to know if anyone has used a controller on a 700r and if so what kind is it. I am looking at the Dynatek EFI / TFI controller and others like the Dobeck, Trinty also the Yoshimura EMS / PIM / EFI. I was told the some only richen the fuel and other go both ways lean and richen fuel. I was also told some need a PC to map the controller. I am not going to race the raptor but would like to be able to adjust the fuel both way. Any input would be appreciated. I posted on the wrong board before and was asked to use the yamaha one.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

The three most popular controllers seem to be the Dyno jet PCIII usb Dobeck TFI and Trinity controller (made by Dobeck) The Trinity and Dobeck use carb logic tuning and have pots you adjust for Low-Mid-High.
The PCIII gives more tuning options, has a large data base of downloadable maps is user adjustable and also has an accelerator pump feature. You can use a laptop to adjust the maps or you can use the manual buttons on the controller. If you never plan on doing any major internal engine mods then the less expensive Dobeck or Trinity controllers migh be right up your alley.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Old 11-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Range Rover

ka24de

I have never herd of that controller Vortex EFI Interceptor
Can you lean the mix down on that one from the stock setting?
What I am looking for is a easy to use EFI that can not only richen the fuel but also lean it out.
Say I have a stock bike and want to install an after market EFI will your controller lean the mix out from that point so when I take the bike to Utah at 12,000 ft it will run better.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

You can lean it out up to 8% less fuel than what the map has preprogrammed (in 2% increments). Check out http://www.vortex-performance.com.au

Old 11-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Range Rover

Thanks ka24de
I just placed an order for one. I think that is going to be the right one for me. The 2% is great and I see on the web site they can go to - 8% that will be great for the mountains not a bad price either $299.00. Thanks again for the help can't wait to install her.
Just got my axel from loan star & installed it today +4 racing with the baja rims from ITP. I had the HD hole shot tires put on the rims and they are so square. The front rims and tires should be here next week and my a-arms so I can get the puppy going again. They sent the elka shocks but i guess the a-arms were on back order [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] o well what is an extra week of waiting to ride a new quad with only 5 hr on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2006, 12:30 PM
SJ
Trailblazer

When you get all your Modifications completed make sure you share some pictures of that beast.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

SJ
I will try to post a few pictures today on the personal page and I also have a web site that I started with pictures and stuff. 3dxtra.com is the web but I am not a pro web site builder I have trouble spelling and computers were not part of schooling back when I was a boy. I just got the axel installed and skid pans still working on the a-arms and shocks.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:51 PM
SJ
Trailblazer

Nice pictures. I am no Website Guru either but you are doing a good job. Something is better then nothing and the frames around your pictures are nice. There is a lot of area to ride. Thanks for sharing.