Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

throttle stuck open?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle stuck open?

i was out riding this weekend. the quad was running great and after about an hour i noticed that when i pulled the clutch in or put it in neutral that engine would rev up slowly to the rev limiter. the problem got progressivly worse and now even with the quad in gear it is like having the gas to the boards. the throttle feels normal and when i put the choke on half way the quad idles fine but the second the choke goes in its strait to redline any ideas???? its a 2000 blaster

Old 11-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Not for sure but I would check to ensure you do not have a air leak or crack somewhere in the carb/intake area, maybe a gasket cracked or unseated. I had this happen to me on a car one time. Used some carb clean and sprayed around to locate the leak as the engine would rev up and fixed the leak. Hope this helps.

Oldmancrash

Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldmancrash
Not for sure but I would check to ensure you do not have a air leak or crack somewhere in the carb/intake area, maybe a gasket cracked or unseated. I had this happen to me on a car one time. Used some carb clean and sprayed around to locate the leak as the engine would rev up and fixed the leak. Hope this helps.

Oldmancrash
He hit the nail on the head. Might be your head gasket or gasket behind the reed spacer.

Have you removed your TORS? (throttle override system)