Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

toomey yfz pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toomey yfz pipe

any one know anything about the toomey yfz450 pipe & jet kit. is it good and how does it sound

Old 11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default toomey yfz pipe

Originally posted by: captaingoodvibes
any one know anything about the toomey yfz450 pipe & jet kit. is it good and how does it sound
I would be very weary of their 4 stroke pipes since they are only known for 2 stroke pipes. Looks like desperation is setting in since the 2 strokes are being phased out.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default toomey yfz pipe

you could be right but if they are as good as their 2 stroke pipes id like to know if anybody has tried one thanks for your reply

Old 11-21-2006, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default toomey yfz pipe

Originally posted by: captaingoodvibes
Have you ever looked into HMF or DR D??
They both put out very good numbers in terms of HP and torque, and both are also relatively inexpensive compared to some of the competition......

Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default toomey yfz pipe

i have put in a lot of research on yfzs since i want one. on here and other sites. But the hmf is highly talked of and so is the dr.d. u cant go wrong iwth eitehr one. The toomey i have not heard of anyhting good. one guys endcap blew off the first day since its only held by a clip. 7-9 from there slip on most wave the bs flag. hope this helps and do yourself a favor go with a hmf or dr.d.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Range Rover
Default toomey yfz pipe

LTE Exhaust system new for Raptor 700. I was going to buy one soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I have seen the 660 with it running it sounds so sweet and they seem to like the pipes a lot. I was told by a friend that had one that is was the best he ever had. I guess I need to re-think what I am going to buy now. I was think that duel pipes would not be a hot on the legs and the faster the exhause gets out the better it would run. They are saying it gives the bike 15.5 hp mid range and 10.5 high range. If the caps are the only thing can't they be set screwed on ?? anyway keep the information coming I need to here more. I have a white brothers on my 450 now and I am not real happy with it and I took the HMF off I could not get the bike dialed in right with that on it but they seem to be ok pipes.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default toomey yfz pipe

well i dont know if i am any wiser anybody got any feed back on the hmf or drd also i am in aus dont know if i can gt them here

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default toomey yfz pipe

see if you can get a sparks racing pipe for it in aus

Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default toomey yfz pipe

Have U ever thought about the GYTR pipes?

I have heard a lot of good things about them.

I have a YFZ 450 and am debating weather to get a GYTR/Toomey/or DR. D

The GYTR gives the YFZ more hp than the DR.D and is built by Yamaha. You woud think they would know their product best

Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default toomey yfz pipe

Originally posted by: TrueBlueYamaholic
Have U ever thought about the GYTR pipes?

I have heard a lot of good things about them.

I have a YFZ 450 and am debating weather to get a GYTR/Toomey/or DR. D

The GYTR gives the YFZ more hp than the DR.D and is built by Yamaha. You woud think they would know their product best
Funny you should say that. My experience with GYTR is that they are not that great. My friend had one on his YFZ, and I had the DR D.

After riding with me one time he sold the GYTR and bought the DR D system. After that we were pretty much dead even when racing (with proper jetting of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Quick Reply: toomey yfz pipe