Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default buying a raptor 350, what to look for

Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
Originally posted by: ss97
My Wife loves her Rappy350...

We moved up from the Warrior... she liked the Warrior's power but hated it's handling, the Raptor is light-years better in that department....

I don't think there is really anything in particular to look for.... are you buying new or used?

If used the only thing to really check is the oil, make sure it looks decent after running it for a minute or two......

As was stated they are bullet proof for the most part and with basic maintenance should last forever......
AHH thank god someone who says the rap is diff everyone is allways saying the raptor is just like the warrior which it is in alot of ways but it handles way diffrent even the way the power comes in is a lil diffrent has a lil more to me but!!! ive never riden a new warrior soo not sure..

Well we had an '01 Warrior with and FMF system and it was quick.... but compared to the Raptor the thing handled like a tank......

The Raptor has a totally different seating position, nice fat foot-pegs, everything is spaced well, perfect ergonomics and it just reacts totally different than the Warrior did.... The Warrior is tough to make the sit-to-stand transition because you are sitting so low in the saddle. My Wife used to complain that it hurt her knees on the MX track because you are up/down so often. But on the Raptor you sit in a more aggressive position to start with so aggressive riding is easier.

You right too about the power delivery, it seems to be a little more in the mid-range for smoother but a less down low. But ours is still stock so I'm guessing that with a pipe and jet the thing would wake up nice across the board......

Old 11-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: CJ5350
keep the info coming guy but has anyone got a list of what they changed between the models in the different years etc
Since the raptor 350 came out the only thing that has changed at all are color combinations, all of the parts are identical otherwise.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to YFM350centralthey'll sure be able to answer all your questions.