Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster top speed

wow thats not that bad actually thanks alot

Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's going to be somewhere in the mid 50's depending on rider weight, tire pressure, air temperature, altitude etc. You'd be surprised how much stuff like that can affect a machine's performance. you could get below 50 with all the conditions working against you, or maybe as high as 57-58 with the conditions in favor of peak performance.

But if you're looking for something to upgrade from your 250ex, I wouldn't recommend a blaster. They're in the same class, and although the blaster is a hair quicker than the 250ex, the suspension is no better, and the blaster is smaller, less comforable, and less reliable. I'd pick a 250ex over a blaster any day, stock vs stock. You'll get arguments that you can make a blaster fast for a small amount of money, but to truly get decent performance out of one you'll be spending over $2000. Shoot for a bigger machine, unless you're a small guy or like riding with your knees against the handlebars.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

well the thing is 4 strokes are really expensive and i found a really nice one with custim plastics wider a-arms and wider axel and extended swingarm its a 2001 with rebuilt engine and exhaust dont know what kind but i want to race it and i would race against my friend because its a 300cc class and blaster

Old 11-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Widened and with an extened swingarm it should be slightly more comforable and stable at least, but being a pre-2003, those brakes are ridiculously bad. They never should have been produced in the first place, I see those non-functional things as a huge safety hazard. Also bear in mind that it's a 2 stroke, and a yamaha, so it's going to require a lot more maintainance to keep it running right compared to a 250ex, which is generally maintainance-free with the exception of changing the oil occasionally. And it's a kick start. And it has no reverse. And that annoying noise they make... i can't stand 2 strokes due to just the noise and smoke alone.

How much $$$ are they asking for the blaster?

Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

i currently own a 98 yz 125 2 stroke so im use to the matinece i like the sound and he wants 2000 but im gonna trade him my bike plus $500

Old 11-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It doesn't seem like a bad price. Are the shocks aftermarket? They should be with extended a-arms.

I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into. You ask the blaster guys about any problems, and half of them will tell you that they are the greatest machine in the world and it doesn't have any shortcomings at all. Don't want you go spend a bunch of money and decide later that you didn't make the right choice.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: recon99
Widened and with an extened swingarm it should be slightly more comforable and stable at least, but being a pre-2003, those brakes are ridiculously bad. They never should have been produced in the first place, I see those non-functional things as a huge safety hazard. Also bear in mind that it's a 2 stroke, and a yamaha, so it's going to require a lot more maintainance to keep it running right compared to a 250ex, which is generally maintainance-free with the exception of changing the oil occasionally. And it's a kick start. And it has no reverse. And that annoying noise they make... i can't stand 2 strokes due to just the noise and smoke alone.

How much $$$ are they asking for the blaster?
I beat the hell out of my blaster 2002 never breaks down (the brakes they suck really bad but just get an enginetics kit for 250 bucks and youll be allset) Disagreed about a hair faster I smoke 250exs all day with just reed spacer. I deff think your exaggerating a bit much its not like you have to change your top end every time you take the thing out. The 250ex is slow and will always be slow no matter what you do with it. With a blaster atleast you can make it perform. Their are shocks available and other modifications that will make it outhandle a 250 ex any day of the week. I think this particular person here is very much biased about the blaster. Then again no offense to the recon.

BTW i would not touch that thing for anything more than 1400 bucks. I got mine in perfect condition 2002 for 1300 bucks.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

but yours was stock right this has alot of aftermarket stuff but i dont think the shocks are i asked him and the guy before him is the one that did all the modifications and he said that he think s they are stock

Quick Reply: blaster top speed