Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

hows a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:56 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hows a banshee

"I bet a zilla has a bigger powerband than any shee, unless you bore out the shee to 400cc, but then again, you can bore out the zilla to 580 or 550cc i think

A shee would not be happy in trails that dont let you go fast, if you ride a long time in under 15mph conditions, you're gonna overheat. "

Zillas don't rev like a Shee.
75% of my riding is tight trails (1st, 2nd gear in the woods and swamps) and I haven't over heated yet.

"well i heard u cud put yfz450 shocks on a banshee to make it more trail friendly...is this true?"

I've read that they'll go on with slight modifications...they bolt up to the Raptor. I have a set of Elka Sports upfront and love'em. I would never get rid of her, and have blueprints to convert it into a wheelchair in my old age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default hows a banshee

Originally posted by: DS2
I would never get rid of her, and have blueprints to convert it into a wheelchair in my old age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LMAO!! Good one DS2 .. LOL

Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default hows a banshee

haha a Wheelchair [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thats great! I was thinking about going with the Elka sports too but the way I figure it for the couple hundred dollars more I can get the Elites. I dont want to get the sports then jump on a bike with Elites then regret the hell out of my purchase. I will have to deal with the stock shocks longer saving up for the elites though and they are killing me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006, 06:21 PM
DS2
Range Rover
Default hows a banshee

I'm sure they will be worth the extra money. I wish I could use the Elites, but when I consulted Elka they recommended the Sports because I don't do any big jumping or racing. I knew I was getting old, but to hear it from Elka really hurt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. In their defense, they didn't try to "sell" me their most expensive stuff which I respect. Good luck with your Shee!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default hows a banshee

Yeah they told me the exact same thing. In fact the sales rep told me since I dont use the ajustability alot on my stock shocks the Elites might be "Overkill". I hear what he is saying and he might be rite but with my bad leg I dont want anything but the best. Plus I am going to be doing some harescrambles this spring and see how that goes so I might really get into them. Never know. I also want one of those Scotts Rebuildable steering stabilizers that adjust on the fly. From soft, slow paced riding, to hard, rutty, fast paced riding. Ive heard by a very reliable source who has one and Ive heard this from other people as well, if you have the steering stabilizer you can let go of the bars for 8 seconds in 6th gear pinned and the bike will stay straight on flat dirt roads!!!. Now thats amazing. 500 dollars for the scotts though compaired to like 150 for the pep or Denton ones.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
DS2
Range Rover
Default hows a banshee

Wow, that is steep for a stem, but if it works... I am looking into the Flexx bars for a additional comfort; less shock. Good luck racing and do us proud!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default hows a banshee

not to be a dick, but use the search button. This has been brought up weekly since 1989.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default hows a banshee

Originally posted by: DS2
Wow, that is steep for a stem, but if it works... I am looking into the Flexx bars for a additional comfort; less shock. Good luck racing and do us proud!!!
Yeah they are nice. And is there any doubt! BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default hows a banshee

A Banshee can be anything you want it to be. They are very reliable provided you do not screw it up with inappropriate modifications or bad jetting. Do things right and the Banshee is totally reliable. Banshees are great for experienced rider on fast/open trails. They are not as good for inexperienced rider on tighter trails.
I love not having a battery to fuss with. These kick start very easily. You can live very nicely without a reverse. Keep things simple is best.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default hows a banshee

Originally posted by: crazy1291
I bet a zilla has a bigger powerband than any shee
You will loose that bet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]