Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

thumb assist/saver??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thumb assist/saver??

I was in walmart the other day and i saw a familiar site.... The thumb Saver which i see all the time on fourwheeler assesorie sites... My question is how does this help you thumb? do you press throtle with the palm of your hand? or how does it effect anthying? just curiouse...

Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

it extends the leverage in which you have to apply pressure against the spring. Think of it like you trying to loosen a bolt by hand, and then using a small socket and ratchet makes it easier... going to a longer ratchet would make it even easier...

Old 12-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

thanx! do you got one? and do you think they help very much b/c i have never really had a problem with my thumb hurting........

Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have used one from Cabelas for a few years now, and really like it. It allows me to use my palm, instead of the thumb, for an occassional break to relax my thumb for a while. I think they are worth the little that they cost.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

-
In addition to making it easier on your thumb, it changes the leverage and distance of movement. This means that when you hit a bump and your thumb used to move a half inch and blip the engine, it now moves the original thumb point only one quarter of an inch (or so) and you have less blip.

GJRonK

Old 12-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

thanx !!! for the replies!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

You just need to ride more. Kinda like working hard or working out....... My wife complains about her thumb too.....

Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

My wife has one on hers. It allows her to use her palm when thumb gets tired and on a all day ride it does happen. It also allows less force for her to keep up to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 12-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

you just need to ride more. Kinda like working hard or working out....... My wife complains about her thumb too.....
Thanx for the reply all and i ride a quiet abit.... no i dont ride everyday but i reide atlest 1 or 2 full days a week... no saying that my thumb has never hurt just that it hasent hurt so bad i would wont to buy one...

Old 12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

some really stiff high pressure hose from your local hardware store will do the same and cost about a buck. Just find the size that has to be pushed on with force.
If you dont like what has worked for me, then go spend the 12 bucks on the other.

Quick Reply: thumb assist/saver??