Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 350

hey im wondering how fast raptor 350 goes because ive smoked one stock for stock on my blaster and people say there fast but they have no *****. what do you think

Old 12-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 350

I had a Warrior and loved it. Lots of low end torque.

Riders equal, stock for stock the Warrior/Raptor 350 will beat a Blaster. Blaster might get a little jump off the start, but the 350 will reel it in and pass it before 300'.

If you were smoking one stock for stock, then either the other rider doesn't know how to ride properly, or had a big weight disadvantage over you. And unless my eyes deceive me, your blaster isn't stock. I do beleive that's a Pipe you have installed which will wake up the Blaster.

Now once you start modding, you would quickly surpass the 350's in mod for mod performance.

Best way to judge properly is get on one and ride it. See what you think.

Cheers

Old 12-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Default raptor 350

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
I had a Warrior and loved it. Lots of low end torque.

Now once you start modding, you would quickly surpass the 350's in mod for mod performance.

Cheers
I don't he'll surpass me in mod for mod performance, lol hahaha, Modded balasters are quick, I wont take nothin away from them, but there is a point were that little 200cc foundation cannot support anymore power, even in 240+ stroker, at that point it becomes a grenade waiting to implode, plus a modded Blasters power falls of quick once the motor gets hot, it's an air cooled engine, liquid cooling would of helped dearly.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 350

stock for stock with equal riders

Warior vs. blaster - blaster jumps not even a quad ahead for the first 2 gears, 4th gear warrior zooms past and never looks back

Raptor 350 vs blaster - raptor pwns the whole way, in accel its only a little bit tho.

Piped air filter jetted

warrior vs. blaster - blaster pwns till like end of 5th when warrior comes past and tops out like 8 mph faster

raptor vs. blaster - Blaster pwns till 3rd gear. Then raptor blows by

JUST MY EXPERIENCE

Old 12-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 350

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee

JUST MY EXPERIENCE
LOL .. you should put in a disclaimer statement ... anti-flame statement. heehee.

I think you summed it up pretty good there pbs ... now if you re-geared the blaster to take advantage of it's extra power with the pipe/filter what would happen?

Old 12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Range Rover
Default raptor 350

my blaster was stock when i raced the kid and he weighes less than me but rides just as good.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 350

call it a fluke then

if not a fluke then you have an exceptionally good blaster and your bud had an exceptionally poor raptor.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 350

Ill some it up I had a blaster at one point in my life with a few mods it FUN ATV but was wayyy too small even with a +4 axle and +2 arms even +4 arms wouldnt even made it any better because its just such a small framed atv but i had fun as for power except on hills cause im a big boi lol. Ok as for the raptor 350 ive had mine a lil over a year!!! ok stock 4 stock i couldnt say ive never ridden a stock blaster mine was modded when i got it but my rap was brand new and ill be the first to say stock 350 cRaP I changed the gearing from 13/38 to 12/38 added a slip on jetted it way diffrent love it now and ive raced many blaster's and won so far they have all had pipes on them and out the hole was close but by 3rd gear i had them so the raptor is a lilfaster mod for mod but im 100%sure that a 240 would rape a raptor 350 or warrior slightly moded or not ive never ridden a 240 but ive seen em fassssssst. But as from my incounters ive allways came out on top not by much because they are close in speed and hel! i think it would be much easier to make a blaster faster than a warrior or rap 350 in a staight line.But my problem was my blaster even modded never carried me up long hills or tight trail's to well allways running out of bottom juice plus the ride killed me so small and since ive got my raptor-350 and added a few mods it's just rite for climbing nice steep hills rutted hills rough trails it loves to be lugged down and grunt it's way up hill's were the blaster would just die and i consider my self a good rider 25 years old been riding since i was 12-14 around there had many bike's so we cant blame it on skill the blaster just has no nut's on bottom wat so ever atleast not with my big ace on it. And another thing eventhough i say i said the 350 sucks in stock it still has good power and one of its biggest flaws was hook up the tires are sooo crappy they just spin all the time in anything that's lose at all i got some razrs on back now and Maxxis front pros on itp rims such a change i didnt realize how bad stock was. OK and now for the reason i wrote a 4 page letter on this subject and that reason is I know how blaster and some of us warrior and rap 350 owners are an get all touchy and pis se about things so i just wanted to explain to ya and not get you mad or make you think im knocking the blaster because as i said they are not slow by no means i means its a 200 and runs with most 350 and some 400's in straights but as every atv they have there flaws and the flaw for the blaster is its way to small the framing and all and is no were near suited for anyone grown are anyone like me large ace lol anything above 150 lol but as i said dont get mad im not knocking it there fun plus it's a YAMAHA so it's hard to go wrong there lol anyways good riding to you and once again sorry for the long reply but had to clear all...

JEREMY