Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP!!!

I am a new rider, I just bought a 1996 Blaster and do not know how to start it! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Please HELP!!!

1. Turn gas on (left side of motor)
2. Pull choke (right by the gas switch)
3. Put key in and turn to "on" position (on handlebars)
4. Turn kill switch to "run" position (should be on the left side of your handlebars)
5. This should be step one but make sure theres gas AND oil in it (gas cap is on top of the quad and oil the oil level can be checked from the rear, it is a clear tank and should be kept full whenever possible)
6. Kick it over with the kick starter (right side of the motor)
7. Im guessing your younger so make sure you have your parents permission to ride

If you give it 10 kicks or so and it doesnt start stop for a bit and try again except give the bike 1/4 throttle or so when you kick it over.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please HELP!!!

hey buddy just for kicks you might wanna check the oil injection setup to mkae sure it works but even better buy the bypass kit and take the tank off its unreliable and the plastic can crack and break and then youll ruin the motor with no oil the kit is easy to install and then becomes a normal two stroker (put it in the fuel)

Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Please HELP!!!

why dont you just put premix in both the oil tank and the gas tank? then even if the oil tank breaks/leaks, you wont screw over your bike, you will just spend more moeny on gas and you dont have to make any mods

Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please HELP!!!

the injections system is designed to inject oil only not mix and i would just rather only depend on me and not the unreliable injector because they can fail unknowingly and your running without oil +bad thing the kit is really cheap they wouldnt have made it for no reason cheap insurance