Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how to make whellie on raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to make whellie on raptor?

hello i have a raptor 700r and i want to start to learn to make whellie.. but i have a litle of fear beacusae maybe the atv make a flip jeje.
a) in what gear i do whellie to start to learn?
b) start stop or in movement?
thank you..

Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Range Rover

i'd try roll on wheelies going slow second or first, from a stand still it'd be easier to loop out the quad, not good. it's all in technique, it isn't hard on the rappy. theres lots of good places to search for wheelieing techniques, check them out, cuz its really all rider not quad, i can and know quys that can wheelies grizzlys and kodiaks and i know guys that cant wheelies there rappys or CBR sport bikes, so its all rider and not so much bike.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums nicolas1989. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

An open area with a soft landing would be a plus for the first few tries. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

An open area preferably sand. Roll slow in second and give it some steady gas and slide in the center spot. *** back upper body forward. when your on your rears work on keeping it up and riding it. Raptors are so easy to ride wheelies on. Im Mastering speed wheelies on my Banshee now that takes a little bit. Just do it baby. Then start hitting some tripples!

Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

first time try from a slow roll in 2nd because it wont come up as quick as 2nd will. if u feel like ur gonna go over just tap the back brake. you can also try buy putting your left foot on the grab bar and keep ur right foot on the peg so u can work the brake. that way is very for fast wheelies. i can ride 4th gear out a full throttle untill i run out of room like that. make sure both tires have the same ammount of pressure in them otherwise the bike will steer side to side. if u start drifting to the right, shift ur wait to the left. if u start drifting to the left shift your weight to the right. if u feel like ur goin to far back tap the brake, front end starts to drop lean back/give it gas. theres no real trick to doin it. just gotta practice. o and dont be afraid to fall. it wont hurt to bad. just if ur on the street make sure u got a jacket on so u dont tear ur back up. gloves are nice to so u get no cuts on ur heads. and a helmet so u dont **** ur head up

Old 12-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

second gear, ideling along, sit back, give a lil tug on the bars and feed 'er the go-go juice. Nice thing about pulling them in motion is if you go to far, most of the time you'll just stick the grab bar in the ground and scrape along. I've never gone fully tots over toes from a rolling wheelie on a quad, not even fith gear pegged out. Just kinda scrapes along. sometimes you'll even get lucky and the grab bar will hit and send the front end ack down.