ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Guiness Book Of Records Longest ATV Wheelie (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/257662-guiness-book-records-longest-atv-wheelie.html)

Raptor450 01-15-2007 11:12 PM

Guiness Book Of Records Longest ATV Wheelie

I read in Dirtwheels Magazine The Guiness Book Of World Records longest wheelie on an ATV was about 3 miles. The guy that set this record did it going in circles in a field. I thought about beating his record on a straight-away. My thoughts were to do it at the Bonneville Salt Flats, or possibly see if I could get permission to do it on the highway in a quiet, rural town nearby. What do you guys think, and any more ideas about where it could be done?

squeege 01-15-2007 11:17 PM

If you are good maybe you could stage an event at a monster truck bash if they have them at any nearby oval tracks. I watched a guy ride around an 1/8 mile oval 2-1/2 times at one of them events. I'll bet you could make some serious cheese if you tour like that.

Hebs 01-15-2007 11:17 PM

in NC... u could probably get away w/ doing it anywhere... to include the road...

JLsparky7 01-15-2007 11:27 PM

That might be the longest recorded wheelie. No way thats the world record, ive rode wheelies for longer distances than that. Fuel is what limits me.

Raptor450 01-15-2007 11:29 PM

Thats what I thought, Ive done longer wheelies than that on my buddies 300EX!

Speedy2222 01-15-2007 11:39 PM

yea i've done a 3.5-4 mile before... but i know they don't accept quad wheelies as records due to the legistics of what is involved.. mainly because they are done on roadways and usually seen as illegal

Raptor450 01-15-2007 11:47 PM

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
yea i've done a 3.5-4 mile before... but i know they don't accept quad wheelies as records due to the legistics of what is involved.. mainly because they are done on roadways and usually seen as illegal
Well, I cant find the issue, but in the front of Dirtwheels Magazine last year they stated a guy did it and it was indeed a record. Why couldnt it be done legally at the salt flats?

Speedy2222 01-16-2007 12:03 AM

enver sadi u couldn't

Raptor450 01-16-2007 12:13 AM

Hey Speedy2222, Says you have Raptor suspension on your Warrior? What all do you have and what was involved? I have Works shocks on the front of mine, but it still lands like a bulldozer if you air it pretty good.

reconranger 01-16-2007 07:11 AM

Lots of places in the desert, where you could find a reasonably straight stretch that goes on for miles and miles........

SpDdEmOn 01-16-2007 03:59 PM

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...6b01565834.htm

not 3 miles but its pretty good

wildwest1011 01-17-2007 01:11 PM

I rode a wheelie for 10 miles through the mud [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

motox26 01-17-2007 02:49 PM

Hmmmm, do they pay if you beat a Guiness Book Record? If you are allowed to adjust your air pressure's I'll ride a wheelie around a track all day long. ($$$)

Raptor450 01-17-2007 07:06 PM

Originally posted by: motox26
Hmmmm, do they pay if you beat a Guiness Book Record? If you are allowed to adjust your air pressure's I'll ride a wheelie around a track all day long. ($$$)
I dont think they pay you, but at least you'd have some killer bragging rights!

motox26 01-18-2007 09:20 AM

Originally posted by: Raptor450

I dont think they pay you, but at least you'd have some killer bragging rights!
That isn't going to let me be able to afford new toys![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

scootergptx 01-18-2007 09:28 AM

Wonder if you could go to a NASCAR or similar type track? How many times could you go around Daytona? (stay low on the banks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Maybe a dirt track oval. You could be the pre-race entertaimment.

motox26 01-18-2007 12:20 PM

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Wonder if you could go to a NASCAR or similar type track? How many times could you go around Daytona? (stay low on the banks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Yeah, I was going to say with that kind of banking it'd prolly tip over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

As long as the turns were fairly wide, and I had equal, low tire pressures in the tires, I could do it all day long until I got tired and goof up or something.

Hey they pay for pre-race entertainment!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

scootergptx 01-18-2007 12:44 PM

Yeah, I was going to say with that kind of banking it'd prolly tip over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

As long as the turns were fairly wide, and I had equal, low tire pressures in the tires, I could do it all day long until I got tired and goof up or something.

Hey they pay for pre-race entertainment!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
20 bucks says you couldn't do it if they had a shed on the track. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Raptor450 01-18-2007 08:17 PM

Yeah, but how entertaining is watching a 4-wheeler go around and around and around the same track doing the same wheelie? Seems like everyone can do long wheelies. I dont think beating the current record would be hard to do! I think its time to raise the bar and see how long we can REALLY go on a wheelie!

fasterthanyou22 01-18-2007 10:30 PM

I may wanna look into that 4.2 gallon gas tank, cause if i can find a strait away or even some hilly slightly curved roads ill do one forever 1st through 5th gear. Ive already done a wheelies for longer than 3 miles. Im gonna be getting some video of one of them up on here soon, once a warmer non anus chapping day comes along. I was talking to my friends about doing it at the bonneville salt flats, i could do one all the way across that thing. I would mount 2 bottles of water to the side of my helmet with tubes coming down from them to my mouth though....i would get thirsty =/

skidooracer04 01-18-2007 10:32 PM

dang ...
that is along time

fasterthanyou22 01-18-2007 10:43 PM

When you are goin around 60-70 mph in a wheelie, it doesnt seem like a long time. You are usually concentrating on keeping the front end up, but on the yfz, it does that concetrating for you, once it comes up you have to fight it to get it back down =P. I usually kick it in the rear brake.

Raptor450 01-19-2007 01:56 AM

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
I may wanna look into that 4.2 gallon gas tank, cause if i can find a strait away or even some hilly slightly curved roads ill do one forever 1st through 5th gear. Ive already done a wheelies for longer than 3 miles. Im gonna be getting some video of one of them up on here soon, once a warmer non anus chapping day comes along. I was talking to my friends about doing it at the bonneville salt flats, i could do one all the way across that thing. I would mount 2 bottles of water to the side of my helmet with tubes coming down from them to my mouth though....i would get thirsty =/
Let me know if you go, maybe Ill meet you there and we can duel it out![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I think to actually get the record you have to do it twice, which is not that big of a deal. How big are the Bonneville Salt Flats anyway?

fasterthanyou22 01-19-2007 11:59 AM

I think it is like a 10 mile flat, but im not sure ill have to look it up. If i can get there sometime i will go for the record =D. Im gonna get one of those thirsty helmets rigged up and put a patent on it. Haha.

scootergptx 01-19-2007 12:09 PM

Not sure if it's DOT or Snell rated, but is this a good helmet for that?

fasterthanyou22 01-19-2007 12:12 PM

Hahaha, that would be badass to where that out there. That will be my base that i will work aroud.

Dwags 01-19-2007 05:01 PM

i'd say see if you can get incontact with the right people and i get u could get some airtime to do it, best braging rights!!

Raptor450 01-19-2007 07:38 PM

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
I think it is like a 10 mile flat, but im not sure ill have to look it up. If i can get there sometime i will go for the record =D. Im gonna get one of those thirsty helmets rigged up and put a patent on it. Haha.
While you're getting that patent on that drink helmet, how about making one for me that will hold a ham sandwich, too. Maybe have a device on it that will liquify the sandwich so I can eat it through a straw while Im beating that wheelie record.

Atvstevo1337 01-20-2007 01:11 AM

The longest wheelie i did lasted for 3 mins and 16 seconds at 95kph on my vforce on the highway near my home strait away. which roughly works out to 5.17 km or 3.12 miles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

fasterthanyou22 01-20-2007 01:48 PM

You did a wheelie that long on one of those??????? Dude, go to the salt flats and we will make you a category for longest wheelie on a V FORCE. lol....I wanna go down there and break the somebitchin record man...im itchin to do it. And havent you ever seen that burger king chicken fry comercial with the nascar driver? Sandwiches dont work.

crazy1291 01-20-2007 02:21 PM

my friends cousin has done one for 6 blocks on a 450r, thats about 7.5miles, hes really good tho

fasterthanyou22 01-20-2007 02:35 PM

Back when i lived in the suburbs, i dont remember 1 block being over 1 mile long?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

crazy1291 01-20-2007 11:35 PM

I dont live in the city or in town, i mean country blocks, but not like middle of nowhere prairies.

around here the blocks are divided into 1000 acres each, so that is 4000000-SquareMetres which is 2000mx2000m, which is 1.25mileX1.25mile.

Hope this clears things up

fasterthanyou22 01-21-2007 12:47 AM

Wow, are there signs that tell you that like right by that block? That block is like a little township itself. Are there individual population count signs on each block too? LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

07Wolvey450 01-21-2007 02:00 PM

yeah, 3 miles may be the longest in the guiness book of world records, but look at this 7 mile wheelie. i'm sure people could wheelie until they ran out of gas, so its basicly whoever has the largest gas tank. lol

7 Mile Wheelie

crazy1291 01-21-2007 03:19 PM

there are no signs that tell you the size of a block, its just a fact and how its designed, (it makes sense doesnt it?), and can be read on a distance thing, (odometer or something else?)

about big gas tanks, i think those DS650s and Raptors they use in the DAKAR rally should have a big enough tank to not run out of gas before your arms go numb

fasterthanyou22 01-21-2007 07:24 PM

That probably was not a 7 mile wheelie, i would be doing a wheelie in 5th gear, not first on the grab bar. The grab bar at that slow is for women.

kyledvor61 01-22-2007 10:26 PM

Notice the guy in the video was on a raptor 350? those things are HARD to get the front end up and hold it (for me anyway) imagine if he had a kfx400,ltz400, or a yfz!

fasterthanyou22 01-22-2007 10:37 PM

He was on the grab bar in first gear for the whole thing....The rappy 350 actually has a respectable balance point...Maybe he should try sitting down, start in first gear and shift up through 5th. But in his case 1st through 6th. I have done it on a rappy 350 with a gytr slip on and filter. All you have to do is drop the clutch in a slow wheelie, once it gets up it has a good balance point. Easy to shift.

crashby 01-23-2007 01:33 AM

he was doing about 30....he went down some hills too its a wonder the thing didnt blow!