Originally posted by: Speedy2222
talk to bobeaser on www.everything2stroke.com unbeleiveablely good at porting
He the guy that owns rb racing?

Old 02-12-2007 | 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Big Bore

Originally posted by: JLsparky7

Turtle, do you like your gnarleys?
I am the perfect example of the wrong way to build a Banshee. I bought mine totally stock except for the Gnarley FMF pipes which previous owner had installed. Then when compression got a little low I got a bore and piston, a very good trail port job, a very good head dome match and higher compression. Then I bought the single 35mm carb and since this is only used in the sand dunes I installed a K&N. My problem is that the single 35 and the Gnarleys are mods that do well on trails but don't have the mid to top hit that I would really like in the dunes. So now I am seriously considering switching to either FMF Fattys or Toomey T5s and then sending my stock carbs to RB in Portland, Ore for their carb bore and magic mods. I have built a low/ mid range trail motor when what I needed was a mid/top dune motor. Gnarleys are not the best sand dune pipe but for mix of trails and sand they give a good bottom hit but just don't have enough top end for the easy dunes that I like. The single 35 also fails to provide enough fuel and air for top end hit that I want but the trail performance, ease of starting, ease of jetting, no syncronizing, and smooth idle with single 35 is sure nice.

Old 02-12-2007 | 06:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Big Bore

Porting for your Banshee Cylinders, motor, engine
US $164.00
Time Left: 5d 21h 52m

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Big Bore

Originally posted by: 01BlackShee
i have a 2001 Banshee with Toomey T-5 pipes and it goes great but i still want more.
Ah yes, I know the feeling. You know, it will never be fast enough unless it scares you a little bit!

I think RDZ350 can relate to that.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Banshee Big Bore

this guy is really good

Flotek

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Big Bore

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: 01BlackShee
i have a 2001 Banshee with Toomey T-5 pipes and it goes great but i still want more.
Ah yes, I know the feeling. You know, it will never be fast enough unless it scares you a little bit!

I think RDZ350 can relate to that.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Little bit?
When I had Jeff build me a 350,I told him to build me the fastest 350 he could.
When I go it to hook up,I wrecked it and was scared to launch it wide open from then on.
I "never" thought that would happen.Yes,that 350 was more than fast enough.

A good port job will do wonders for a banshee.
I'd rather have a good port job than a big bore.

Old 02-12-2007 | 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Big Bore

You would want a port job until you rode a 421 cub. First couple rides and your knees shake when you get off. I cant imagine some of the 10-22 mil banshees out there...

Old 04-11-2008 | 05:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Big Bore

[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]I think a-lot of the build is what you are go-n to use it for.i bought a 2005 stock,real clean,but it was getting tried.After a-few tear downs and reworks i got what i want. I ride in the high Desert 95% of the time.I sent the jugs off and had them bored and ported,the guy that ported them got a-little carryed away,so on the new motor,I droped to 107PSI.He ported it to much for a stock head, I milled the head 35TH,s and got 117PSI,still not good.So I put a set of FMF Fatty,s and sileners on it,re jetted the idles to 30, and the mains to 320,Put a cool-head on it with 20mm domes Noss Head,At that I run 145PSI, so I can run pump gas,removed the stock air box and tor,s.Put K&n slip on filters and Socks,Had to go to a HD clutch,Aftermartket CDI box.I put big 22in rear tires on the rear, and droped the motor sprocket I tooth,So I am a -little high geared.Put Wiseco pistons in it.I like to ride the desert roads,WHERE i RIDE ITS ABOUT 3000&4000FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL.So I drop the mains to 300,s some times,It starts good, and the big port juggs let a-lot of gas threw it.It Will Rip!!!!!!!!!!! I get out there and theres a flat spot that the Kids Drag,they have the 450 Honda,s and 660 Raptors+a few 700 Raptors.I like to just watch them till they feel real FAST!!!!!!!!!!! Then I will play with them a-little!!!! Till one of them starts put-n down the 2 Stoke Smoker!!!!!!! Then I get serious, say &100.00 bucks and lets see whats the fastest.After I get in front and they are getting Rocked real good by my Holeshots, they will just back off,I can take most of them in 5th gear,if not I got 6th.But I dont like to pin it in 6th, its just to damn fast.Now if you drag at the Dunes This setup wont work for you.Find out how and where you go-n to ride and Build to that type of riding. Eddie.

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Banshee Big Bore"></title><script src=

Hi,
I see you have a 525 cheetah/cub. I need info for my cub build. Can you tell me, please , what is the outside diameter of the +10mm crank flywheels? What length/centres are the rods? did you use banshee crankcases, if so, how much machining was necessary and where? Are they strong enough?
I saw a pic in another forum where the cases had been machined and only the stiffening webs of the cases were left. The walls had dissapeared and been replaced with epoxy filler!!!
This didn't look too strong to me. Is this how your's are?
Any info you have to share would be greatly appreciated as these engines are very un-common in the UK.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Regards,
Derek.
PS. What's the KDX220 like for performance, say compared to a standard banshee?